ISS pass 5th June 2016

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
Not going to win any awards for this one, but I was really happy with it!! (And Tim Peake 'liked' it on twitter (y) )

200% crop on a 1DX2 & Sigma 300-800, Manual focus, manual settings: 1/2500 @ f5.6, ISO 5000 (auto)
Wasn't 100% happy with the settings as I had to 'emergency' switch from Shutter Priority to 'M' when the camera started to 'override' my shutter settings - one for a different thread.
ISS_050616.jpg

lovely shot

thanks for settings, will try them.

focus is almost everything......................

Thanks guys :)

I've got a few (10-ish) shots of this as it tracked across the sky, is there any merit in trying to stack them to eek out more detail?

Cool.

We were outside looking at Saturn with my spotting scope and saw the ISS going overhead. Didn't have a camera with me, but did manage to get a view in the scope. Amazing how quickly it moves across the sky.

Thanks guys :)
I was happy with that myself, I just wish there were more opportunities (like daily with the same brightness as it was at the weekend!)

Be ordinary if it came over every day!!

I am sure we all look forward to its few days every now and then, especially when the skies comply.

Interesting what the view was from the Scope... It moves so fast it must have only been a glimpse.

MJ:):)

Be ordinary if it came over every day!!

I am sure we all look forward to its few days every now and then, especially when the skies comply.

Interesting what the view was from the Scope... It moves so fast it must have only been a glimpse.

MJ:):)
Could see a small bright rectangular/H shape at about 30x mag, and yes it wasn't there for long. It was moving so fast, I was surprised to get on it. Didn't help that the scope is an angled spotting/birding scope, so picking up the target is always a bit of a challenge.

Last edited:
Love it.
I like watching it pass, even as just a bright dot moving across the sky :)

Back