Issue with Brush Tool

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I have an issue with the brush tool on Photoshop CC if anyone can help me.

When I select a brush tool or any tool that usually comes up with a circle and a crosshair in the middle, it switches to the precision tip when I don't want it to.

I have checked my settings for brush tips and made sure that normal is selected.

It is worth noting that this only happens when I am docked with two screens. (When I am working off the laptop, it is fine)

Someone please help me as this is now driving my to insanity.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim, I have the same problem. It only happens sometimes but like you only when I'm working with 2 screens and it is bloody annoying. I haven't found a fix except to save my work and restart photoshop. Another issue I have when working with 2 screens is colours all of a sudden, for no apparent reason going super saturated. Again a restart will cure this. Sorry I can't be of more help but at least you know it's not just you! Needles to say, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Not for me. When I have caps lock on, the circle just does not show at all, but when I turn caps lock off it shows when I adjust the size, but then disappears when I move the brush or click

Ok, it has literally just fixed itself, and I swear to god it's not the caps lock thing. But it would be handy to know if anyone else has had the circle type brush show itself and then disappear when being moved.

Do you have a graphics tablet attached? Or use a mouse wheel? Could control the precision.

Last edited:
Do you have a graphics tablet attached? Or use a mouse wheel? Could control the precision.

No, just the standard Apple keyboard and mouse

I think it may have been a glitch as I've updated the software now and it seems to have gone but I will keep everyone posted

Just to confirm, I have tested the caps lock solution again it's sound. Moving brush and clicking all fine. The super saturation problem persists though. But that's off topic. And I doubt there's a simple solution.

Back