issues with Lightroom 6 installation

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, unless Adobe's policy has recently changed, I thought when you purchased Lightroom, you could install it on two computers (one could be a mac and one a pc). Certainly that's how it was before.

Well on Friday I paid for the upgrade to LR6 standalone (not the CC subscription) for £59, and successfully downloaded the mac copy and using the new serial number provided by Adobe, soon got a fully working copy on my MBP.

However today, I've come to install it on my desktop PC. Downloaded the LR6 Windows package (from the links provided by Adobe), however when I went to install, it kept asking my to sign in using my Adobe ID before installation commenced. I did that but despite numerous attempts, it kept failing (saying that my computer wasn't connected to the internet - even though it is - I can go to any website without issues). I selected the "connect later" option and this then installed LR6, but as a CC version, and when I went to enter my new serial number, kept trying to connect to adobe but failing miserably ?

So I now have a successful working copy installed on my MBP, and a copy on my desktop PC that is effectively a 30 day CC trial that it won't allow me to register my serial ? Am I doing something wrong, does the CC version automatically transfer to a non CC version on successful application of the serial number, and could this just be server issues at Adobe ?

Anyone else experienced this ?

I didn't have the issues you did, but LR 6 wouldn't load on my Windows 8.1 machine (after installation) until I had logged out of Adobe, and logged back in with my ID. Since then, no problems.

This, apparently, is not unknown, but caused me some head scratching.

There seems to be some issues regarding Windows 8.1 and Adobe Servers. I loaded my copy of PSE11 onto my new Desktop via the DVD drive. It subsequently would not connect to the Abode Update Servers. A quick trawl around the Web suggested that one of the issues was with the Microsoft WIFI Direct Virtual Adapter in this version of Windows. By default this is a hidden item on the Devices Manager Network Adapter Settings menu. Once turned off, I could then connect to the Adobe Server and the program updated as it should.

Back