It almost burst the net!

tigerimages

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
Jody Bevan, Gloucester born and bred scores an unstoppable half volley after turning on a sixpence in the dying minutes of what could be his last game for the club...

that's a great set, easily the best one you've posted. The behind the goals viewpoint is great :)

Some nice action shots!!

This looks a familiar position after a hot curry

And afterwards

:LOL:
well done :)

awesome set.....

keeper had no chance look how small he is!

Great set there, really captured the moment (y)

It's a great sequence, but again I feel that it's let down by the behind the net camera being focused on the netting. Other than that, there are a couple from your other camera that are certainly worthy of publication.

I can't really see any other way around it that is going to produce better results. With a high F number on AV I should get any D0F issues in good light so I'm going to stick with it.

Looking at these I really feel that certain shots would've been lost if I was manually focusing on a point in the middle of the penalty area :(

Looking at these I really feel that certain shots would've been lost if I was manually focusing on a point in the middle of the penalty area :(

Which shots? IMVHO you've lost all your shots because you've focused on the net and not the action. Only trial and error will tell your where the most productive focal point will be, but a hit ration of 1:10 is far far better than 0:10. This kind of technique if 90% dependent on luck, and the pros won't get a winning shot from behind the net in every game, but if you're going to persevere with the technique, and I think that you should, then you have to chance your arm.

One thing to bear in mind is that when you focus on a point, your depth of focus is 1/3 in front of that point and 2/3 behind it. If you focus on the net you're instantly losing 1/3 of your DoF. If you're shooting at f/2.8 or similar with a wide angle lens then your DoF is going to be shallow anyway and I'd doubt that it would extend past the goal line. Think of it in those terms and you should see that nothing of worth will be in focus in your shots.

Which shots? IMVHO you've lost all your shots because you've focused on the net and not the action.

To be honest I disagree with that entirely. The shots are all sharp enough to tell you exactly what's going on, it's not as if you've got sharp focus on the net and everything else is lost in bokeh. Just me though :shrug:

Just being able to tell what's going on is never good enough for me but everyone has to know what they want to achieve from a shoot. If you want to come out of the end just being able to "tell what's going on" then that's fair enough. If you want to get the best possible shot or to be published or to win competitions then I stand by my statement.

I see what your saying above but that way I'm reducing my chances of getting a decent shot by quite a margin.

Cirencester is going to be our home ground for the next two years and I found on Saturday that theres not a lot of room behind the goal so I may have to choose either side of the goal and point at an angle thus cutting my chances of a good shot in half :(

I'm not ignoring your advice mind, it's just that it's going to have to wait until pre-season now to have a trial!

I see what your saying above but that way I'm reducing my chances of getting a decent shot by quite a margin.

I'm not trying to tell you how to shoot, but I can;t get my head around that. To me you're increasing yopur chance from 0% to n% but there you go. Good luck with it but I can't help but feel that you're a lost cause. :)

Back