Daily It Begins Again... Steph's 2nd Attempt at a 365....

Name
Steph
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's the first thread http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=445509

I think I bit off a little more than I could chew with it, so this time I'm setting weekly themes for myself with the condition that a minimum of one photo for the week MUST fall within the theme.(y)

Week 1 (This week) will be a recap week of sorts, mainly because I'm not at home and stupid me forgot the camera :bonk::bonk: when I was rushing out the door! So this week will consist of photos I haven't shown on here before, plus phone pics (which will probably suck!). Then next week I will be back in the swing of things with week 2's theme being long exposures and light trails.

I'll type up the list of themes in the next post.

Bets on how long I'll last now being accepted :LOL::D

Themes:

Week 01: Recap/Phone Pics
Week 02: Long Exposures and Light Trails
Week 03: Pets and Animals
Week 04: Birds
Week 05: Flowers/Plants
Week 06: Macro
Week 07: Insects
Week 08: Transportation
Week 09: Miscellaneous
Week 10: Light Trails & Star Trails
Week 11: Household Items
Week 12: Portraits & Street Photography
Week 13: Water
Week 14: Landscapes
Week 15: Forests
Week 16: Creeks & Running Water
Week 17: People
Week 18: Architecture
Week 19: Exotic Cars
Week 20: Motorcycles
Week 21: Age
Week 22: Time
Week 23: Work
Week 24: Light
Week 26: Self Portraits (EEEK!)
Week 27: Miscellaneous

Suggestions for other themes welcome, as I can't think of anything more!

Welcome back to the fun we've missed you here in the mad corner when I'm back at the computer I'll add your new thread into the sticky of all the 365s

Best of luck and look forward to following your thread

Matt

:wave::wave: Hi Steph... Look forward to following your thread:D

So... Better late than never right..?

Photo one:

001/365 by StephyB86, on Flickr

Welcome back to the fun we've missed you here in the mad corner when I'm back at the computer I'll add your new thread into the sticky of all the 365s

Best of luck and look forward to following your thread

Matt

Thanks Matt! Now to plot day two!

Crazy corner welcomes you once again Steph and you seem to be more focussed and organised this time , Good Luck

atb

Vince

I certainly hope so Vince! Thank you :)

:wave::wave: Hi Steph... Look forward to following your thread:D

Good Luck Steph

Thanks!

Sonriendo said:
Pretty coins

MWHCVT said:
They look like wonderful coins a nice start Steph, I would have liked to have seen a little more of the main coin sharp thought (y)

Thank you both :)

I've just figured out I've used the wrong aperture :-/ oh well!! Hopefully I'll remember for next time...

I wouldnt worry about using the wrong aperture or other mistakes ... I am using my 365 as a learning curve ... Hope to see an improvement over the year .. you have made a good start, now just gotta keep going :)

I like your themes (and your first post) Looking forward to following this one. Good luck!

It's still a nice shot, and a great start :)

Thank you :)

I wouldnt worry about using the wrong aperture or other mistakes ... I am using my 365 as a learning curve ... Hope to see an improvement over the year .. you have made a good start, now just gotta keep going :)

Thanks :) I figure if I can identify the mistakes as I put the photos up then I'm more likely to remember the solutions for the next time.

Great start steph!!

I like your themes (and your first post) Looking forward to following this one. Good luck!

Thank you :) Here's hoping I make the themes work and the weather gods are nice to me for some of them!

Untitled by StephyB86, on Flickr

The beautiful little visitor who serenaded us for about 20 minutes before scarpering off with some bacon that was ready for the BBQ... Cheeky devil!

He he, he lulled you into a false sense of security :)

great image though

003/365 by StephyB86, on Flickr

Took my dog out to the park today, and found this tap (which works!!) coming out of the tree... It was a choice between this and

003/365 - Option 2 by StephyB86, on Flickr

I think the tap edges it out just for the novelty factor though!

Last edited:
Love day 2, nice and sharp and a lovely background.

Day 3 I'd go for the tap too.

MWHCVT said:
Oh very nice capture, but didn't you know you've gotta pay models he was only collecting his dues ;)

Hahaha I just wish he'd taken the steak, not the last of the bacon!!

Tezz450D said:
He he, he lulled you into a false sense of security :)

great image though

He definitely did, the cheeky little bugger!!

Sonriendo said:
Love day 2, nice and sharp and a lovely background.

Day 3 I'd go for the tap too.

Thanks, and the tap was definitely unexpected!!

MWHCVT said:
Certainly the tap for me too (y) that's really cool lol:

It really is! I love that it still works too!

whipspeed said:
Love this tap, that is very surreal. Well spotted. Also like the bacon thief, good shot & story to go with it.

StephyB said:
Hahaha I just wish he'd taken the steak, not the last of the bacon!!

He definitely did, the cheeky little bugger!!

Thanks, and the tap was definitely unexpected!!

It really is! I love that it still works too!

:bang: gotta have a bacon fix :( a suggestion turn the tap on next time :D

So... Day four was a disappointment.... And now I'm too tired to edit or play with it anymore... So here you go:

Untitled by StephyB86, on Flickr

I love beer. Nuff said :LOL:

DOF works well, like the idea of the caps. Signifies "enjoyed beers". :p

MWHCVT said:
Oh I love that beer so no disappointment from me other than the fact that I don't have some to drink here :(

Disappointment was mine! I dislike all beer!! On the plus side I enjoyed my midori and lemonade... The disappointment was in there being no sunset to speak of due to thick black clouds hiding everything!

whipspeed said:
Beer is never a disappointment :)

Hahaha see above!!

karmagarda said:
I love beer. Nuff said :LOL:

DOF works well, like the idea of the caps. Signifies "enjoyed beers". :p

Thanks :) I tried one with everything in focus but I didn't think it worked as well as this, all of the bottles were empty too! They were very well enjoyed by those who were drinking :)

i like the arrangement of the bottles with the cap, that works well and suggests a drinking session :)

Going to let you guys be the judge of this one...

005/365 by StephyB86, on Flickr

I'll explain what I was going for later...

006/365 by StephyB86, on Flickr

So after an afternoon of kicking a footy around New Farm Park there was this sunset... This was taken at the beginning of the month but I hadn't edited this shot or done anything with it at all until today... I'm cheating and using this for yesterdays shot because I completely forgot to take anything until about 7 this morning :bang::bang::bonk::bonk:

i like the arrangement of the bottles with the cap, that works well and suggests a drinking session :)

Thanks very much Tezz :D

#5 looks like some weird alien robot spider coming out of the shadows (kind of like a pet of the "smash" aliens). I like it, but I think I would brighten it up a tad more.

I like your landscape too. Lovely pinks in amongst the blue sky, and they contrast nicely with the green fields.

:LOL: I love the description! It's a model of a tachikoma from the Ghost in the Shell series.

I was going for very dark, emerging from the shadows so you couldn't see all of it... But possibly a little more light would have been good too! I wanted a slightly creepy feel... But I think I need a creepier model than this one for that!

It's definitely a gorgeous park, and I can't wait to get back and reshoot there!

My camera was confiscated from me last night because I was trying to take this while drinking... Plus I broke the glass accidentally wiping off the counter and it was decided I wasn't capable of holding the camera without breaking it...

007/365 by StephyB86, on Flickr

:eek::LOL::LOL::LOL: great shots here Steph the park is gorgeous and i totally get where you was going with the robot thingy!(y)

Back