It is SUCH a small world!!!!

Betty

BrideZilla!!!
Edit My Images
No
I cant believe this, I am still in shock!

I went to check my FaceBook page this morning, and three of my friends have been tagged in the same photo album. Nothing unusual right? WRONG!!!!

I know Matt and Kerstie because Darren (my fella) works with Matt. And I know Holly because we were best mates when we lived in Malawi over 20 years ago!!!! And Holly and Kerst know each other because they are both doctors and went to a medics ball together!!!!

It is SUCH a small world!!!! :eek:

Some time after joining this forum, Hacker and I realised we knew each other. We'd both been in the same ATC squadron as teenagers (about sixty years ago).

Its just awesome isnt it? And its not the first time this has happened! My do I have some stories! But I dont have time to type them now, gotta get to work... ;)

I remember going to London for a New Year event in a club. Me and my mate sat down half way through the night and started chatting to someone else it turned out that they only lived in the next street to me. That was a strange one i can tell ya!

About 4 years ago my wife & I went on a cruise, and you sit at dinner with different people every evening. One night we sat with this couple with a young daughter.

Turns out they live about 100 metres away from us, AND were actually in the cabin next to us !! :eek:

Steve

A few years back, me and my family went to Florida. And on this particular day at the Magic Kingdom, it rained. Not just rained, the heavens opened. So much so, it hurt to walk in it, so we took shelter in a covered cafe.

An older gentleman was sat next to my mum, and he said to her "I am sorry, but dont I know you from somewhere?" My mum politley said not, she just thought he was coming onto her :naughty:

Well he wouldnt let it go, and he eventually figured it out... the year previously, we had gone to St Tropez for our holiday, and this gentleman was in the cabin next to us!!!! Not only that, he had been to the same spot, the same cabin for over 30 years, and only this year, did he fancy a change and decided on Florida :eek: What are the chances of us bumping into him?!?!

Scary.

I was in Belize in 85 doing some training when I had the opportunity to go to Mexico city for the weekend, whilst I was there I was on the main station when I bumped into a guy I went to school with (y) he was there doing some electrical work(y)

Some time after joining this forum, Hacker and I realised we knew each other. We'd both been in the same ATC squadron as teenagers (about sixty years ago).

Wow, I never knew that! Thats pretty cool.

Naturally yours is cool to Betty :) (Just Steeps has a TP element to it).

I love small world coincidences like this :D

Oh I have more :D These things must happen for a reason (y)

I left Sydney with a female friend (twenty years ago) to hitch hike to Wagga Wagga for a party (about 400 miles and it took best part of a week).

Waiting in the outback on The Hume Highway with my thumb out and still best part of 200 miles to go, a woman stopped to pick us up.

She was going to the same party...............:D

I ended up one night in a mortar shelter at Basrah Airport, talking to a lassie that lived beside my local newsagents. We were SOOOO embarrassed. We'd turned up at that particular war (liberation/local conflict, whatever!!) wearing the same outfit!! I tell you, the number of people wearing desert DPMs was unbelievable - the local fancy-dress shop must have had a sale on;)

And 2 years ago on Skye, I picked up a couple of Spanish lads hitchhiking back to Kyle of Lochalsh. Turns out it was the same lads I'd been speaking to on the Mountain Bothies Association forum a couple of months earlier, about places to stay and see on Skye:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very small world. I have just finished a building course run on a similar principal to the Open University (home study). At the start of the course you attend a face to face meeting.

So theres about 150 of us in a large room and I start nattering to the woman next to me. Not only does she live in the same small town as me, she also went to school (was in the same year as) my uncle.

Given that the course consisted of people living from Cornwall to Edinburgh, I was amazed!

We got into a fight in a chinese restaurant in Florida once, (seemed like a good idea until the chefs came at us with meat cleavers), after leaving we noticed the other couple next to us get up and walk out, after realising they were English, we got chatting to them. They asked us where we came from, "a little town called Maidenhead", we said. Yep!! they lived a couple of miles down the road:LOL:
Dean:)

20 years ago I went to a concert at the NEC which was 70 miles from where I lived, there must have been 20,000 people there, as I was waiting for the band to come on I spotted my next door neighbour walking towards me, I stood up and shouted john john, he stopped and looked at me with abject horror:eek:

Then i realised that 25 year old girl he was with wasn't his wife oops, he sat right in front of me,boy that was an uncomfortable night:LOL:

I was on holiday in los angeles, the stairs in the hotel were for emergency use only so I had to use the lift even though we were only on the 1st floor,I got in then a young girl walked in as the doors shut, I said I felt stupid using a lift for one floor, oh you're british too where are you from, warrington I said, she looked blank, so i said it's near Liverpool, she said I know where it is i'm from Runcorn :LOL:

I have my own haulage company,one morning I set off at 4am to go to Glasgow, I was about 30 miles from glasgow when I stopped to go into a transport cafe.

It was a big cafe and was very full, the only seat available was at an occupied table so I asked the guy if it was OK for me to sit there, he started chatting, where are you from, warrington, where in warrington, turns out he lived in the next street to me, when I 1st moved to warrington I put a deposit down on a house then dropped out of it, amazingly this guy would have been my next door neighbour

I got chatting to a woman in my garden before.

Turns out I married her 7 years ago. I thought I recognised her! :LOL:
She certainly wasn't as I remembered her anyway.

[geek mode] This is actually quite normal - have you ever heard of 6 degrees of separation?

Basically the theory is that at most you are only ever 6 contacts away from anyone in the world so the chances of 2 of your contacts being linked in such a way is quite normal. Facebook's own studies the average separation of people is 5.73 and Stanly Milgram (of the infamous Migram experiment - electric shocks delivered on command) demonstrated that in the US there was an average social network path of 5.5 based on his sudies of chain letters [/geek mode]

Walking through St.marks place in New York a few years back with my wife, and all I heard was "whey I geordie lad" it was one of the lads I have worked with doing artist security, he was out there working with Tina Tuner.

They were playing this when I took my kids to Disney world,
it seems that its still being played and it still irritates the hell outta me,
Now is that a coincidence or what ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqTyBBit7NI

Yep its a small world after all :D

Oh and hands up all those that actually clicked the link
knowing full well what it was going to be :D

Oh and hands up all those that actually clicked the link
knowing full well what it was going to be :D

Nope, I didn't click the link :nono:

That's one of the most important things mum taught us as kids

"Never trust Cobra"

:D

Nope, I didn't click the link :nono:

That's one of the most important things mum taught us as kids

"Never trust Cobra"

:D
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I bet you did :D

//trimmed by me to de-clutter Bettys Thread//

Last edited:
When I was at school ( many years back) mum wrote me a letter so that I could have the day off school to go and see Genesis ( I must add she didn't put that I was going to a concert:)) anyway there I am leaving Wembly stadium with my brother and his wife after the concert and who should I bump into but my head of year who mum had written the letter to. Got called to his office the next morning, I was papping myself and all he said was "good concert wasn't it"
I will never forget that :D

My lad starting up his own music production business went along to get a grant from the Prince's Trust - one of the women on the panel who interviewed him lives 3 doors away :D

I was sat in Mcdonalds in New York in 89 with a few navy mate's, heard some other brits directly behind us chatting when one of them mentioned my home town, turned round and it was one of my mate's from school who i hadn't seen for 5 or 6 years, we enjoyed our first of many legal beers together in the Big Apple(y)

Before we were married Suzanne and I worked with a guy in London, Chris this was in 1979

We married, moved jobs, moved houses and when our kids went to school met new friends.

In 2000 or so it turns out that Chris was the best man of one of the very good friends we met from the kids secondary school who we met for the first time in 1997/8

Convoluted but odd!

Some years ago my next door neighbour(John) was the manager of a building supplies company, the owner(Fred) took about 5 golfing holidays a year, he was away for a month in Florida.

A plumber came in and told John he was taking the kids to Florida for 2 weeks so wouldn't be in for a bit, John laughed and said you might see fred he's out there too.

2 weeks went by the plumber returned, John jokingly asked him, did you see fredt
er yes, we were walking down Main St in The magic kingdom when he came walking the other way with a young girl 1/2 his age on his arm who wasn't his wife < I said Hello fred, he just had a look of horror on his face, coughed said er hi and carried on walking :LOL:

Millions of people in Florida and you bump into someone you know when you're with the :naughty:

I met this one lady who i took quite a fancy too, whilst running my business. :naughty: (Though i am Married :rules:) any how over a period of months, be came good friends.:nono: LOL.. now she lived many miles from us, all though nothing ever happened. My father who runs a very small business, employs 2 people plus a few family members,, i had never met the
others, when one day i had to go and fetch something from him, and there stood my friend...she had come to pick up her son.!! LOL. She never knew my fathers surname. so never made the connection.

Today I bumped into a guy I randomly see around town who follows my website. A photographer I know. A kid who wants to be a photographer who reads my website. The guy I photographed yesterday for a job, and my client from yesterday. Oh and the Lord Mayor who I only just photographed yesterday. Ok so it was an event and Liverpool is a cosy community, but still it was for breast cancer. I didn't expect to see anyone I knew.

yup.
sat in the register office awaiting our bride last saturday.
"hello mark" says a voice.
a guy i used to live three houses from.and went to school with. around 25 years ago. at the register office, filling in his forms to get married in a couple of months.
he rang us yesterday. can we shoot his wedding.and his mum says hi.:)

Back