It really is here brrrrrr !!

Edit My Images
No
On Sunday I was tested out my new Canon 5D MRKii with the 24-105 kit lens . I wasn't sure if the lens was one that I would keep but after Sunday's experiment I love it .

Here is one of the images I took as always to look at it in a larger format click on the image.

Hope you like it .

(Linked)

I like the overall feel of the photo and the composition but find the blown highlight on top of the chestnut very distracting. Also not sure if the heavy black borders are adding anything to the image at all, I always feel the best borders and frames are ones that you don't really notice until after looking at the pic for a wee while but in this case they are drawing the eye especially at bottom of the frame.

As I said though overall I like it and it maybe inspire me to try something similar. (y)

Tommy,

Cheers for the feedback and critique very appreciated .

and for some reason on my works laptop the top of the conker is also blown out , which isn't the case on my mac . But it 's one to look out fo in the future.

Cheers again

Rae

I like that...

Has a sort of film poster look about it I think... can't see a film about a conker been any good though!

Nice, not sure about the black either, though I do like the idea... maybe change the colour to something more complementary?

I like that...

Has a sort of film poster look about it I think... can't see a film about a conker been any good though!

"He's Chestnut Into you"?

Aye, quite pleasing Ray.
Does say something.
Maybe Bg needs to be a tad more in focus just to give more of a hint to leaves.

Cheers Charles ,

I can see that now and I will keep that in mind when I next do something like this .

It was a great exercise for me as I was trying out shots that I new I couldn't achieve with my 400d and 17-40, one which also made me reflect on my initial judgement of the 24-105 (born out of ignorance) that it wasn't the lens for me.

How wrong was I as I now love it .
Although a 135 F2 is one I'm on the look out for next.

Back