Italy: The Bands Part 2

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
A few more from the concert in Malcesine (if you missed the first few they're here)

Hope you enjoy these and comments are always welcome :)

Thanks for looking!

1) I'm So Proud Of My Band!

2899613598_8f6685af9b_o.jpg

2) Hmm I Take This Seriously!

2898769419_9f77254c06_o.jpg

3) Ohh They're Good!

2898788639_8ea91fb742_o.jpg

4) Yep Its Going Well!

2898719831_2dd95882bb_o.jpg

5) Oh oh - Hard Bit!

2899660020_f00d4d8334_o.jpg

6) I'm Enjoying This

2898720001_d55a1c20dc_o.jpg

7) Concentration

2898816503_02e6143410_o.jpg

8) Follow This Hand

2898863569_12400b780c_o.jpg

All those great captures of Italian faces and I prefer a single hand. #8 for me with the great composition, detail, colour and DoF. Like them a lot.

Pictures and captions both excellent!:clap: #2 really made me smile!

Thanks Karin - they were great bands and certainly seemed to enjoy it and take it seriously :)

The band featured in these images played YMCA, Endless Love, Volare and Fame - quite surreal! :)

Thanks for the comments Barry - although the lack of comments in the two threads so far made me wonder if these are any good! Perhaps Italian band candids are out of vogue :)

the lack of comments in the two threads so far made me wonder if these are any good! Perhaps Italian band candids are out of vogue :)

Strange at times how some good efforts do not attract many if any comments and then someone bumps it back by commenting and then you receive lots more.

I like both your sets for the expressions you have captured and so cleverly captioned.

Some gorgeous popping colours going on here John.
I love the expressions youve caught, fabulous timing on every one!
I really like them all but, I think the 1st is my fave, fantastic clarity & lovely use of dof. (y)

He! he! #4 looks as if he'd be more at home in an Austrian oompah band! :LOL:

EDIT: Hope you and Suzanne had a great time. :)

I seem to prefer this set over the first one although the old boy in no.7 in the previous set is superb.

Probably a silly question but have you processed these differently, as the red seems to have more punch in this set.

Probably a silly question but have you processed these differently, as the red seems to have more punch in this set.

I got a bit bolder Lee and allowed the colours to have their moment :)

Their really nice John (y) just out of intrest what have you cloned out in number 1?

Ah sloppy on my part Ally! Well spotted it was a red shoulder I think - distracting and I couldn't crop without losing some of his his mace

EDIT: Hope you and Suzanne had a great time. :)

Thanks Glo - it was very nice ta (although the hotel was a bit Fawlty Towers :LOL:) - Dolomites next :)

I like both your sets for the expressions you have captured and so cleverly captioned.

Thanks Mal much appreciated!

Another excellent set John really bold colours. I really like #1,

Thank you both, Donna and John!

I have mailed the organisers of the concert with a link to my flickr set of these shots in case they are interested - and I still have a few more to post on here :) !

Really liking these John. Great facial expressions caught. The last is one of may favorite.

Hi John, glad to see you've got home safely from your holiday. Looks like you've had a great time.
There's two things I really like about all them pictures 1) The facial expressions. and 2) The colours (mostly the uniform).
Overall, great captures!
And I'll say the same for the first thread. What a superb collection.

Ian and Ian, many thanks - although to be honest with the amount of characters and the occasion you couldn't go wrong there :)

The 3rd and final band set (final for now anyway :)) has just been posted :)

Back