Italy: Those Bands and Some News

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi as promised to Kiasmum and RH1944 here is a final set including some mace work from my favourite band member

Hope you're not thoroughly bored by now

The good news is I've mailed 3 of the bands and they seem to like my shots on flickr and want to use some on their own web sites. So thats me all chuffed!

Comments always appreciated :)

1) Happy Standard Bearer

2905988704_c5c7aa57a2_o.jpg

2) How You Doin' :)?

2905925040_7691a4e6fb_o.jpg

3) Hmmm, Have We Met Our Match?

2905925032_0e70534038_o.jpg

4) And Relax...

2905925028_791f031a72_o.jpg

5) The Crowd

2905925022_b35d3c036d_o.jpg

6) Warming Up In The Melee

2905739598_7c7bcf30cd_o.jpg

7) Pensive

2905739596_235888dca0_o.jpg

8) Taking The Lead Under A Watchful Eye

2905988706_7469e9b50c_o.jpg

Well she knows how to handle a mace. I rather like the woman in white as well, although a slight clone of the blue object near the bottom might help. Congratulations on four great sets of images and the bands wanting them for their web sites.

Ta Russell I might redo my white lady - my processing looks a bit clumsy :( She deserves better!

"And relax..." excellent and obviously the lady with her mace:D

I'm glad the bands like your shots,congratulations:clap:

Bit of a self bump but I had this e-mail back from Fanfara (the red uniformed band lead by the mace lady )

Grazie mille dell'informazione, speriamo di avere occasione di ritrovarci per poterci fare altre foto.
Ciao
Stefano

Translates as:

Thank you very much information, we hope to have the opportunity to meet so we can make more photos.
Ciao
Stefano

Official tog next year :)?

Excllent pictures.

I'm sure if you need an assistant they'll be no shortage of volunteers!

Great set of candid shots John. Love the reflection of the crowd in the tuba. Congratulations on getting your photographs on their website. They know a good thing when they see it. Nice photography as always (y)

Great set John, Relax and the Crowd are my faves. And congrats on the interest from the bands too.

Clive, Maureen, John, Yvonne - many thanks as ever!

I suspect nowt will come of it but its nice to know they like the pics! :)

Hey, you might get yourself a free holiday! :woot: Might be worth "reminding" them early next year ;)

Hey, you might get yourself a free holiday! :woot: Might be worth "reminding" them early next year ;)

Ha ha! I should be so lucky!

Mind you the day after we left the Lake Garda Marathon was on ;) Double whammy for me :)

Congrats on the band using the photos John, there a really good set i like the band reflected in the instrument :)

It feels like we almost know these characters personally now! Their faces are so familiar :LOL:

Excellent series of photos. Great captures and wonderful expressions.

Well done (y)

Neil

It feels like we almost know these characters personally now! Their faces are so familiar :LOL:

Excellent series of photos. Great captures and wonderful expressions.

Well done (y)

Neil

Thanks Neil - what is even stranger is going to the bands' website's and seeing those same faces :)

Here's Fanfara's - I think you'll recognise the mace wielder :)

Fanfara "Città dei Mille"

Back