It's a Cat's Life!

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Meet Miki

DSC00126a.jpg

Just upped the contrast a little to get this, which is what I was looking for, but thanks for the feedback!:)

It doesn't do it for me either. I'm sure that Miki has some wonderful mid-tones and it's a shame to lose them. Many moons ago, in film processing days, this would be termed a "soot and whitewash" image..ie, too much contrast...unless that was the intention.

Bob

I think this is sooooo close to working very well! I like the contrast - I just wish the eyes were sharp.

These are a couple of more traditional pics of him:

Miki.jpg

miki2.jpg

I know the top of his ear is cut off in the second, but it was a cropping error and I can't find the original! :bonk::bonk::bonk:

last one's the best for me fabs

The first picture is wonderful, I think - I love the contrast, the composition, and most of all the model - he looks like he has loads of personality! It's a shame it looks a bit soft, that's all. Was it the processing that made that happen?

The first shot isnt far off being a good shot, couple of little things let it down, it isnt sharp where it needs to be, the eyes, all animal shots should have at least the eyes in sharp focus, and the processing is slightly over done, but keep practising it will definitely get there :) the 2nd shot is very nice, very sharp etc :) 3rd shot is again a little soft but a nice shot all the same :)

Thanks

I didn't think the 1st one looked too soft, but if we all looked at images the same way, life would be dull! ;)

I agree about the eyes and that is something I'll keep working on.

The second is arguably the best shot of him and was one of the 1st I took with the DSLR. He's only 3 years old so I've hopefully got plenty of time to practise on him. :D

Back