Its a Mini Mini Adventure

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hard rain outside, all the washing is done, no money to go out with, all on my own, so what better to do than do some indoor car shots!

Please feel free to have a look through these few images and leave comment to what you think or feel about them, all comments are very much appreciated.

Cheers

Kris

you could make a career out of this :) How is the mini supported, or is it a PS trick?

WoW! Is this a model? If I was to be reeaally picky a horizontal light/reflection to detail the doors on pics 2,3 & 4 would make them perfection.:clap:

Cheers guys, its a 1/16 radio controlled model, done some cleaning on them as you can the plastic parts and mould marks, but I thought it might be like the real thing to set up.

Its held up by a maglight solitaire, so you can imagine the size of it.

The one in motion really is in motion, a steel bar was attached to the camera base, the then to the car, then I just moved it side to side on a one second exp.

Christ! when it rains I either go through old shots or watch whatever muck is on the PVR. I should be doing some interior gliding!!

Liberalis said:
Cheers guys, its a 1/16
:eek2: I genuinely thought it was real, assumed it was from the same garage as the Porsche shoot.

HIMUPNORTH said:
Christ! when it rains I either go through old shots or watch whatever muck is on the PVR. I should be doing some interior gliding!!

What is that you're flying? - a mate of mine called Jon Radford makes something like them down near Oxford... His company's called Radaviation.

Nice shots........Really had no idea it was a model until you said :)

Arkady, the first paramotor I flew was a Rad, no offence to Jon who is very well respected but his gear is a bit industrial for my taste. He goes all out for reducing weight but loses refinement in the process IMHO.
I fly a PAP Ros125 which is Spanish built with an Italian Motor. It has a clutch (great safety factor) and has carried me to 6,500ft in Winter - planning higher in Summer.
Range? as far as you can get in 3 hours. Fun? dead right! And a great camera platform! :snap1:

Mad - I like a full cockpit around me.
Did a bit of flying in my yoof - single-engine and gliders. Nowadays it's all military stuff so I get my roller-coaster fix that way.

The Chinook stuff in Afghan was great - we ask the pilots to get a bit playful if there are civvie Journos aboard - always try to make them throw up.
Yanks are the best - they have no tolerance for low-level flying and scream like girls when the pilots start behaving like kids. I love my job...

Arkady said:
Yanks are the best - they have no tolerance for low-level flying and scream like girls when the pilots start behaving like kids. I love my job...

When i was learning to fly Helicopters, one of the instructors was ex military, we had some interesting lessons ;) running forest firebreaks at 150mph, below tree top level is interesting to say the least ! :)

I have had the full cockpit experience since I was 16 and believe me there is nothing quite like this.

I have had a few military experiences, most memorable was the time I was in an RAF helicopter and the PILOT threw up. I have flown back seat in fast jets a few times, one time I was with a US marine in a Harrier and he let me fly it!:shock:

Military life is such fun, you have the most expensive toys! It is a pity people want to shoot at you.:exit:

Barry, no need to talk to god. Put an engine on your ass for under £3K:laugh2:

HIMUPNORTH said:
It is a pity people want to shoot at you.:exit:

That's why we have these...

DMOC_JMOT1_06_002_001_0050E.jpg

Had to laugh yesterday when doing up new place about 2 miles from Cheltenham race course. We back onto open fields & hills about 1/2 a mile away. Anyway could hear & see loads of helicopters taking the rich to the Cheltenham races, when suddenly the RAF come belting through the area in fighter jets, practicising their low level flying under radar............ bet some of the copter passengers cr*pped themselves ;)

Once in the TA we were told we were getting a helicopter deployment exercise, well didnt we get all excited except me whose pooper was making chocolate buttons.

We arrived in the 7 tonners, to what we thought was the airfield told to stand at back tailgate and jump out as if we just parachuted, this was our helicopter deployment. Of course they were all sick as dogs, i was lovin it.

Back