It's arrived... Bronica SQ-A kit... mint

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Couldn't believe my eyes when I started opening the boxes... it's as if this camera has NEVER been used! Not one scratch, not a rubbing mark... on any of the bits that came with it.

Ran a roll of Provia 100 through it to test the mechanics - so smooth and sweet sounding (results to follow later). Works just like the ETRS except there are little things which make the SQA better, like the release for the back - much easier to open, and the ISO setting knob... lovely :clap:

I tried out both the 80mm and 150mm PS lenses and they're great - smooth focusing and I like the fact that they do 'half stops' on the aperture ring.

Never used a speed grip before, but i must say that I am absolutely in love with it - the mechanics of the thing are so simple and so effective... and I was able to attach my Canon 430EX flash to it - and it fires as well!

I'm really, really, really impressed with this camera and it's accessories - going out for some more photos later... can't wait!

Sorry - I just had to share :love:

3149695463_66f80fc462_o.jpg

3150527550_55b3512b9c_o.jpg

More images of the SQ-A on flickr...

I used Bronica for years and always loved them. I hope you have a great time with your SQ.

If it's not a rude question, what sort of dosh did you pay for the kit?

Haha - that's the easy part! Won on Ebay for £362 +£15 delivery for the camera, lenses and all the bits you see :LOL:

Haha - that's the easy part! Won on Ebay for £362 +£15 delivery for the camera, lenses and all the bits you see :LOL:

Fantastic my man. That must be the sale of the century. Excellent.

Crowd goes wild........RRRROOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRR......

*chants*

50...50...50...50...50...50...50...50......50 :banana:

:)

50?....Velvia? :shrug:

Managed to run 3 rolls of Provia and one Delta 3200 through today and will display results tomorrow (at least the Provia). The Delta I managed to royally screw up while out doing some 'street' togging this evening. My light meter only runs to ISO 650, so I thought... OK just double the shutter speed then... dev'd the roll and I can see.... absolutely nothing apart from a few faint outlines... should have been 4 x the shutter speed! :annoyed:

Hey Eky, i got mine too!! i have no clue how to load the film ect but arnt they lovely!! although mines a Mmiya type of lovely.. i need to get to silverprint to get some film..

Have fun me old mate.. (y)

Hey Eky, i got mine too!! i have no clue how to load the film ect but arnt they lovely!! although mines a Mmiya type of lovely.. i need to get to silverprint to get some film..

Have fun me old mate.. (y)

Don't know what Silverprint's film prices are like, but I've found 7-day shop to be the cheapest for film.

Doh! 50mm is coming next, but not now... Xmas spending has emptied me wallet :crying:

I shall have a look, although its noce to goto Silverprint as you can ask lots of questions!! i dont know what sort to get!!..

Can't wait for the film scans :)

That 50mm is quite a lot really!!

50mm = 28mm on 35mm yea?

I'd say so, I don't know the calcs but its a bit wider on a 6x7/6x9 and a bit tele'er on 645, but 28's near enough.
There is a 40 f/4 in the SQ range, its a complete monster, 95mm filter thread :eek:

I shall have a look, although its noce to goto Silverprint as you can ask lots of questions!! i dont know what sort to get!!..

I'd experiment a bit. You're just doing B&W for the moment, right?

Try it all - Ilford FP4 plus 125, HP5 and the Delta films. Be careful with that 3200, though! :LOL:

I've also wanted to give the Fuji Neopan 50 a go - supposed to be extremely fine grain, so nice sharp images, but you'll almost always need a tripod.

Hmm - forgot to check that there was a battery in the body :bang:

Which means 3 rolls of Provia were all taken at 1/500 sec and a whole day of shooting wasted.

Just stepping outside to shoot myself :wave:

Mmm that looks nice.

Whoops about the wasted film.

Why be careful with the 3200?

I don't think all light meters go up to 3200 ISO, so you've got to be careful calculating your shutter speed/aperture with the metering you do have.

Ahhh I see.

I think Ilford over estimate the speed of 3200, I've been metering it at 1600 on a bright day, and 1000 indoors, they always seemed a stop under @ 3200, but it might be me:shrug:

Well, whatever works...

Underestimating the settings 4 x under what it should be compiled with happily shooting everything at 1/500 may not work... :sulk:

Back