Its coming up to that time of year again......

Name
Have a guess.....
Edit My Images
Yes
.......for BTCC. Quick question, how do I go about getting a pass for the Media Day (date and location not announced yet)?

Andy

Eat the right cereal going on previous years attendances.

Seriously though, you (from memory) contact the btcc media office for an application as opposed to the circuit holding the event.

Although they are fairly relaxed on the media day with who they let in, if your not working for the media or a team (being a team tog isn't usually grounds for a pass) then they wont grant a pass.

The media launch day is easy. I went last year, I think it was free to get into the circuit. Was at brands hatch last year.

Yes, BTCC Media office is the place to go... but they probably won't be interested until the date is announced...

Any bets on where it is this time? Brands is obviously convenient for me, but I felt Rockingham was nicer photographically.

Hmmm could be... obviously MSV will be pushing hard to big up Snet this year - I've heard rumours of DTM heading there in 2012...

Mind you, Brands is looking much thinner on the ground this year - no Superleague/A1GP and no WTCC - both at Donny this time :(

Its a real shame. Even with the new Chicane Donington is still a hole. Its a rubbish spectator circuit too.

Unfortunately i feel similarly about Snetterton, and unless they are going to introduce more undulations/kerbs/spectator banking into the 300 circuit then i dont see it being that great an addition for the spectators. I definitely cant see DTM going to Snet. I did hear rumours of DTM heading to Donington for 2012 though, which i could see (unfortunately).

Would i be so despondent if Donington was on my doorstep ..... i'm not certain.

BTCC Media Day - 24th March SILVERSTONE

Beaten me to it.

I was at Snett yesterday to see Jonathan Palmer and Martin Brundle view the circuit. A lot of tarmac has been laid and the final layer will go down towards the end of next week, including a resurface of the whole circuit.

The new corners look quite challenging, with some slight changes in gradient but also camber.

From a photographers POV though, whats not clear on the simulation that they have on their website is where the barriers are... thats what I am keen on finding out.

In particular, can I still stand on the inside of turn 1 now its also the outside of turn 3...

Would be nice if a few more locations were available to shoot from overall though - something more than the chicane and the bridge complex would be nice - expanding from "one in the morning, one in the afternoon". Still I suppose even at 2 locations, its better than Thruxton :D

The crash barriers are not too far away - ie its not F1 levels of run off. There isn't room for these. Some photos on Racing Exposure, which I took from a lifting gantry they had positioned at Riches (first corner)

When we get access I don't know as it will take time for the site to drain and grass to establish. It will be muddy to start with!

Don't mind a bit of mud, my boots are more than capable 8)

Back