It's My Ball

Name
Peter Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Was out with the dog today in the garden. This was not staged just managed to capture the dog at the right time. He loves that brust old football :p

I shoot in Raw and converted to Tiff, then followed by a little saturation boosting and sharpening of the eyes, resize and border.

Copy%20of%20it's%20my%20ball.jpg

Nikon D50 with Kit Lens (18-55mm) @ 38mm, 1/125sec, F/5, ISO-200 Raw

Please feel free to C+C the image and make alterations.

Blackvault

Hey, this isn't a bad photograph at all.

The exposure seems pretty accurate, the only nitpick being the white highlight on the ball. I'm not sure if there is anything there in the RAW image, but it may be worth burning in just a touch so that it's not pure white.

The catchlights in his eyes are a nice touch, and help to add life.

If I had to pick out anything else it would be the tip of the dog's left paw, or lack thereof. But it doesn't really bother me that much.

Nice photo, and a good looking dog, too!

-monkey

Well it's an excellent photo of a great looking dog. Unfortunately it's way over the permitted size for the forum. Hosted off site you can have a max file size of 200kb and 800 pixels along the longest side. I'll leave you to resize it or I'll have to break your link in the morning when I have the strength. If you want to remove the IMG tags and just leave the link that's fine. This is a rule we have for consideration for those on dial up and to keep the forum nice and snappy for everyone. :)

There's not much wrong with that at all, but on principle seeing as you've posted an oversize pic for your first shot, I've just done a real rough and ready soften of the background and then a bit of overall USM to make him pop a bit more from the background. Being really picky I'd like to have seen all of his paws but in all honesty it's a super shot and not much wrong with it at all. :)

main.php

Welcome aboard btw. :D

CT said:
Well it's an excellent photo of a great looking dog. Unfortunately it's way over the permitted size for the forum. Hosted off site you can have a max file size of 200kb and 800 pixels along the longest side. I'll leave you to resize it or I'll have to break your link in the morning when I have the strength. If you want to remove the IMG tags and just leave the link that's fine. This is a rule we have for consideration for those on dial up and to keep the forum nice and snappy for everyone. :)

There's not much wrong with that at all, but on principle seeing as you've posted an oversize pic for your first shot, I've just done a real rough and ready soften of the background and then a bit of overall USM to make him pop a bit more from the background. Being really picky I'd like to have seen all of his paws but in all honesty it's a super shot and not much wrong with it at all. :)

main.php

Welcome aboard btw. :D

Hello Sorry for the over large picture. Didn't realise. Will remeber in future. Thanks for the comments about the picture.

Blackvault

No probs mate, I'm gonna nuke your link now though. :D

CT said:
No probs mate, I'm gonna nuke your link now though. :D

Ok have resized it and its just within the limits. I think that the file size is 8kbp over tho :crying:

Thanks again

Blackvault

OK mate thanks... I'll give you the 8kb this time! :D

yup, fantastic shot, was expecting a short bald man in a huff though...

As good a dog portrait as you will get - have to advertise at the local Vet's

Back