It's my turn!

Yes I did. You should be able to open a new tab still though, by clicking on File at the top of your page ;) HTH.

Just spent a very pleasent time navigating your site, thanks. (y)

I'm very impressed, your photographs aint bad at all either :)

Aww thank you Toon and Shutterman :)

OK, one of you sweeties called Dean sent me a lovely message from the site. I tried to reply but the mailer daem sent it back to me :shrug: Anyway thank you also :D

Hi Jo, your site looks very professional. Love your Jo Fisher logo & of course all the photos on your site. I've been thinking of having my own site - and Photium looks a good way to go. Brilliant (y)

Hi,

Nice website. Don't bother with Flash, that website is much better.

Maybe is it just me but I dislike websites without a telephone contact number ~ can't you add a number, even if it is just a mobile?

You have a good point there :thinking: I'll have to try and sort something out. Thanks for that ;)

I'd not spotted this thread before, but I have to say Jo, great website and great pictures.

You've spurred me on.

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank a couple of special people too. Chillimonster, for helping me get over a hurdle or two, and Susie for being patient with me ;) Both of you have a credit for my handmade cards section of the site, where you can either pick 5 cards each with my images, or you can mail me you own pics and I will pop yours on instead.

Jo, it was a pleasure to help you out, it's what the community is all about. The card 'credit' is a very thoughtful gesture and its really appreciated.
I will have a proper browse on your site when i get some time and let you know :)

Chris

Excellent work Jo. Clear, easy to navigate and with great content. I like all your images. Especially the motorway. Well done. (y)

First class site Jo. I like the handmade card service too - you are ever so talented!

I will wish you luck with sales but doubt that luck will have have anything to do with. (y)

I'd not spotted this thread before, but I have to say Jo, great website and great pictures.

You've spurred me on.

:woot: Glad it had that effect on you, and many others who have replied.

Jo, it was a pleasure to help you out, it's what the community is all about. The card 'credit' is a very thoughtful gesture and its really appreciated.
I will have a proper browse on your site when i get some time and let you know :)

Chris

You really are a star you know? The card credit is the least I can do for you and Susie :)

Excellent work Jo. Clear, easy to navigate and with great content. I like all your images. Especially the motorway. Well done. (y)

Thank you! I must confess though, that motorway shot was not thought out, and was also taken through the windscreen :eek: One of those lucky shots :confused:

First class site Jo. I like the handmade card service too - you are ever so talented!

I will wish you luck with sales but doubt that luck will have have anything to do with. (y)

Thank you very much :) I just have to market myself now. I have some business cards on order, and emails are going out to contacts left right and centre. Then I am going to find some other avenues, like perhaps the local paper and art gallery. I just hope it works, I have big plans for the future.

Jo,

didn't spot the original post, but just found it having done a search under 'Photium' who I was considering as a host for my site.

Both your site and your feedback on them has helped make up my mind very quickly. Your site is excellent, everything kept simple yet very effective. I will play with your site a little more in case I have constructive feedback, but nothing jumps out in the first five minutes. Well done!

BTW - the greetings cards is a great idea, not seen that anywhere before.

Did you already have your domain name before going to Photium?
Jas

HI Jo

I've only just caught up with this thread. There are some gorgeous images on your site and it works beautfully. Well done for getting on with it and succeeding. :clap:

One very small point, which may be because I didn't complete the process, but when someone places an order, is there a way to say whether they want gloss or matt? You give the option in the price list but I couldn't see how to make the choice. (If that's just me being stupid, I'm sorry.)

I wish you loads of success with your photography.

Jean

No you're right Jean. I meant to sort that part, but forgot :confused: Thanks for reminding me!

Jas ~ You get a free domain name as part of the packages they do. But you can also transfer one I believe. HTH and thanks ;)

Does no one else think that opening the whole site with "photography is my life" is just a little bit cheesy?
Also from a customer point of view I think that listing you equipment is pointless, most folk will be completely uninterested.

Lovely site Jo, simple and professional looking, lets hope it brings in loads of work for you. (y)
Just one minor critisism, I would lose the cus on the first strawberry picture. You could easily offend someone and lose their potential business. I know it sounds petty, but some people are!

Anyway, best of luck with the venture.
Allan

Does no one else think that opening the whole site with "photography is my life" is just a little bit cheesy?
Also from a customer point of view I think that listing you equipment is pointless, most folk will be completely uninterested.

As much as I love ya, Jo.......I have to agree here. :shrug:

Its the first thing I thought when I entered the site.

I feel you could competely do away with that whole first paragraph and leave the second. The first makes you sound very tentative and not at all professional.

The site itself is fab and has some cracking work.........well done. (y)

PS: And in the strawberries & cream shot.... you have put "none runny" instead of "non-runny".... just want you to have a perfect site.

+

As much as I love ya, Jo.......I have to agree here. :shrug:

Its the first thing I thought when I entered the site.

I feel you could completely do away with that whole first paragraph and leave the second. The first makes you sound very tentative and not at all professional.

The site itself is fab and has some cracking work.........well done. (y)

PS: And in the strawberries & cream shot.... you have put "none runny" instead of "non-runny".... just want you to have a perfect site.

Looking at it that way, I can see you're both right, so I've made the change as you suggested Janice ;) Thanks for the heads up on the Strawberry shot too (y)

Lovely site Jo, simple and professional looking, lets hope it brings in loads of work for you. (y)
Just one minor criticism, I would lose the cus on the first strawberry picture. You could easily offend someone and lose their potential business. I know it sounds petty, but some people are!

Anyway, best of luck with the venture.
Allan

:LOL: I had never thought of that! But thanks for pointing it out, it's been cut ;)

Thank you so much again, for all the positive feedback and crit. Very much appreciated. I still have little bits to tweak and what not, so it's not 100% how I want it yet. So please feel free to make any more suggestions, I'm all ears :D

:banana: :banana: massive thanks to Jo, I received the cards that she very kindly sent me and they are superb, if anyone is looking for any for themselves or as a present I can highly reccomend them (y)

Back