It's taken me 50 years to find this forum...

Name
james
Edit My Images
Yes
...but I'm here now so, hello all.

Photography!

I had my first moment of frustration when I couldn't convince my parents that 5/- was well spent as an investment in a Brownie 127 camera. How I lusted after that mechanical marvel.

All became right with the world several years later with the purchase of a Zenith 3m and it's 50mm f/3.5 Industar lens.

I had my second moment of frustration when I couldn't convince my girlfriend that my money was best spent on a lens. I think it went along the lines of...'what do you need one of them for, you already have one...'

Anyway, some decades later, I now have a Canon 7D plus a few bits and bobs. One thing I have found is that I am now buying old, manual lenses that I wasn't allowed to in the past (for video purposes you must understand - you do understand, don't you?).

This has given me an idea for a thread - if it's been done before, please point me to it - that of telling us all how you arrived where you are today in terms of equipment. The journey you made, buying this, disposing of that etc.

Regards to all
James

Hi James, Welcome, i am new here myself. I have followed a very similar path to yourself, in photography, i also now have a Canon 7D, still have a perfectly good Canon A1 which i still like to use

Hi David
Thanks for the welcome. Canon A1 eh, I could only drool over that as I recall.
I did however manage to buy an EOS 620 (between wives probably). I still use the lens it came with today, the much sought after 50mm 1.8 with, wait for it...metal mount.

James, I bought the A1, in 1979, i still have the 50mm f1.4 FD and a 35-105mm, plus MA motor drive, that i bought at the same time

Back