I've been published!!!

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
My company sponsor our local Under 18 Football Team. We have regular match reports published in our local newpaper, but they asked of an 'action shot' to go with the next report. I borrowed my daughter's Finepix S100FS and this was the result. I had very little idea what I was doing, so took the photos during the match with single shots on auto. Since then I've been totally bitten by the bug!

Well done David not a bad shot at all, could be the start of a sports tog here.(y)

Glad you don't live near me then...

While it may look like the paper have got a shot for free, it sound to me more like David's got his company's team in the paper for free. Any of the pro sports photographers here shoot grass roots football and get paid for their results?

While it may look like the paper have got a shot for free, it sound to me more like David's got his company's team in the paper for free. Any of the pro sports photographers here shoot grass roots football and get paid for their results?
WOW, every single time i shot and got published i got paid, seriously, ask the paper to give you a free 6x4 inch advertising slot and see what they tell you. It will begin and end in F

Is this a wind up?

If not, no offense to the OP but as he says 'I had very little idea what I was doing', just shows that some local papers will publish anything that is free.

What,s Marouane Fellaini doing playing for your under 18 team. :)

. Any of the pro sports photographers here shoot grass roots football and get paid for their results?

All the time.. every week... hence my comment.. would all stop with a couple of people like the OP living near me though ...

WOW, every single time i shot and got published i got paid, seriously, ask the paper to give you a free 6x4 inch advertising slot and see what they tell you. It will begin and end in F

Give the paper a 6x4 shot which happens to include your/the sponsor's logo and you've got your ad. The paper's got its slot filled and both parties are happy. I can see why the pros would object if the OP was supplying prints to the players for free but from what I can read, he's done it for the publicity for his company not to fill his pockets or take bread off the tables of the pros.

Give the paper a 6x4 shot which happens to include your/the sponsor's logo and you've got your ad. The paper's got its slot filled and both parties are happy. I can see why the pros would object if the OP was supplying prints to the players for free but from what I can read, he's done it for the publicity for his company not to fill his pockets or take bread off the tables of the pros.
You asked a question, i gave you an answer, if you think for one minute papers would print the image you suggest the OP sends youre mad, they will crop out the company logo or clone it out, papers dont even give a credit to the photographer so theyre NEVER going to give free advertising in any guise other than the logos on the players shirts

And printing a shot that includes a logo on a shirt isn't free advertising for the company whose logo it is? The local paper down here will use pretty much whatever it gets sent to fill otherwise empty space.

And printing a shot that includes a logo on a shirt isn't free advertising for the company whose logo it is? The local paper down here will use pretty much whatever it gets sent to fill otherwise empty space.

Could you point out where in that shot the logo is clearly displayed and legible?

I can completely understand a sponsor paying for decent PR shots to be submitted to a local title, or even a national one. It's part of what I do. But a photo of that quality to promote your business?

It just shows what local media is prepared to publish if it's free.

Is that not a sponsor's logo on the front of the black shirt?

As you say, local papers will print anything free.

With due respect to the OP, this is exactly part of the reason print media is dying on its 4rse, first off the photo and what it captures is among the very worst ive ever seen and i for one would never pay to buy a paper again if it contained photos of this quality

Is that not a sponsor's logo on the front of the black shirt?

As you say, local papers will print anything free.

As has been pointed out, you are now

a) taking the p*ss

b) showing that you know absolutely bugger all about both PR and sports photography.

Is it a logo or not? I agree that it's not clear on the screen posted shot, maybe it's clearer in the printed one.

My company sponsor our local Under 18 Football Team. We have regular match reports published in our local newpaper, but they asked of an 'action shot' to go with the next report. I borrowed my daughter's Finepix S100FS and this was the result. I had very little idea what I was doing, so took the photos during the match with single shots on auto. Since then I've been totally bitten by the bug!

Good for you, David.

Judging by all the exclamation marks in the thread's title, you must be thrilled.

It's a great feeling, isn't it

Congratulations! :)

Back