I've been very lucky

Name
CJ
Edit My Images
Yes
Basically have been very lucky to get a loan from a friend of a phase one for a couple of weeks. P45 back with and 80 and 45 lens. Any help/tips to help me out, the thing is a beast!

YouTube is your friend! Get shooting with it, you'll learn more blasting off shots I'm sure. Uber quality for sure. Make sure you upload your images for all to see please....

:)

I'm keen to see your photographic work/captures.

Basically have been very lucky to get a loan from a friend of a phase one for a couple of weeks. P45 back with and 80 and 45 lens. Any help/tips to help me out, the thing is a beast!

Read the manual and find a subject that will show what it can do. Otherwise, it's just a pointless lumbering monster ;)

Planning to get some shots of the kids tomorrow, took a couple today but lighting has to be spot on and 800 iso (max) is not its friend. Going to get to do some good landscape shots in the next week and hope to even try some Astro stuff, will not be wasting my time with it!

I'm faintly jealous but do wonder why folk need PhaseOne monsters. Ok, so they can print really really big with fine detail, have lenses with leaf shutters and can offer super shallow DoF. Otherwise I struggle to see the point.

To be fair, this was a little bit of the attraction towards medium format film for me[emoji6]

Uploading from phone so hopefully it works, here's on of the shots with the beast yesterday morning. Wish I had a better/lower tripod for it! 1469720589427.jpg

Problem is, viewing on the web won't do it justice.
I can't see much difference (if any, to be honest) between this and a D800, or D750 etc etc. even when someone posts a full size image on the net.
I'm talking resolution obviously.
There are differences in DR and dof, but you get my point.

Totally agree GHP, was using both on this morning and many of the preferred of my wife were my old D90 shots, couldn't tell by looking at it myself without checking the file info. May try a little more portrait stuff before I return it but by the end of the week I wasn't even using it much. Larger sensor size for greater perspective was VERY helpful at times though and will be missed, just need to get to full frame and that will help anyway. One day.....

Back