weekly I've decided to kick off a weekly A-Z project to finish off the year

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Have any of you lovely people currently running 52s got any hints/tips?
I'm currently writing my rules and I've a pretty broad range of things I'm willing to do/ try through the rest of the year, only really nailing down a theme in the week before unless anyone thinks thats bonkers?
I plan on ending up with a photo book at the end, for personal consumption but I'm not shooting or printing enough and I need to!

Is there any value in shooting more than one theme per week or does that dilute the whole thing too much?

Research. I am shooting this 52 with the intent that each photo should be good enough to print which means you can't just shoot any old crap and need to think about your subject(s). For me, using the themes set by Cobra forces me to do things I wouldn't ordinarily do. 1 photo a week is more than enough for that!

An A to Z project will give you some focus and it would probably work great as a book.

Research. I am shooting this 52 with the intent that each photo should be good enough to print which means you can't just shoot any old crap and need to think about your subject(s). For me, using the themes set by Cobra forces me to do things I wouldn't ordinarily do. 1 photo a week is more than enough for that!

An A to Z project will give you some focus and it would probably work great as a book.
I'm on the same page as Ian here, theming is a bit more than I wanted to get into so I am just shooting what I want with the premise that I would be happy to share and print. You can check mine out on here, https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/52-for-2021-a-variation-on-the-theme.720146/ unfortunately as soon as I started mine we went into lockdown which made the whole thing much harder. Better though now we can get out a bit farther afield.

Back