i've gone Grey

Name
Janine
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just brought a Grey background and love it, so over the white thing!!!
What do you think! I need help with any focus any ideas I'm using a 20D and a 50 1.4 or a 24-70 2.8 sigma, nothing i do seems very sharp I've seen some on here and the eyes look like glass is that ps?

IMG15581.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_15611.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

Last edited:
The first one is my favourite, looks sharper than the following one and the last one but I think it is a tad over exposed?

Have to watch out for matching bra straps they definitely were not grey ;) :LOL:

I understand with a grey background you can blow it out to white, have it as grey or light it so it appears black - the best of all worlds ?

I understand with a grey background you can blow it out to white, have it as grey or light it so it appears black - the best of all worlds ?

You could blow the BG to white in the last shot if you have the lighting power to go 3 stops over and let it go black if you have the room to make sure your subject lights aren't falling on it. Obviously, when you have full length you can't do that.

The grey looks great on the B&W shots, and it could well grow on me for the colour stuff too. :)

I have just brought a Grey background and love it, so over the white thing!!!
What do you think! I need help with any focus any ideas I'm using a 20D and a 50 1.4 or a 24-70 2.8 sigma, nothing i do seems very sharp I've seen some on here and the eyes look like glass is that ps?

I think grey backgrounds are cool, do you use Photoshop at all, and do you sharpen your pictures after you resize them?

Your focus doesnt look to bad just flat this is the quickest sharpen edit job ever, hope you don't mind. ;)

- Click for bigger picture.

Last edited:
An at your age too... bummer:naughty:

Thank goodness for hair colouring...;)

:LOL:

these are not to bad .(y)

i dont think the processing is helping in the result you are after..

if you move the levels down a tad and add a little contrast. and slight usm you will see a big difference(y)

hope this helps.. i can show you what i mean if you want..:shrug:

md(y)

these are not to bad .(y)

i dont think the processing is helping in the result you are after..

if you move the levels down a tad and add a little contrast. and slight usm you will see a big difference(y)

hope this helps.. i can show you what i mean if you want..:shrug:

md(y)

thanks everyone, you go right ahead and do you what you like, i'm up for learning.
what is usm? unsharp mask?

I think grey backgrounds are cool, do you use Photoshop at all, and do you sharpen your pictures after you resize them?

Your focus doesnt look to bad just flat this is the quickest sharpen edit job ever, hope you don't mind. ;)

- Click for bigger picture.

cheers, i don't mind this is how we learn.
i have got photoshop7 i do sharpen but sometimes it looks a bit wrong

thanks everyone, you go right ahead and do you what you like, i'm up for learning.
what is usm? unsharp mask?

yep (y)

you have a pm:naughty:

md(y)

Back