Ive got my 7d!

Name
Mart
Edit My Images
Yes
He camera, spare battery, a sigma 135-400 mm apo dg and a uv filter £1430...

excellent you will love the 7D , I went from a 550D to a 7D:)

Very nice. I went from a 550D to a 7D too but I didn't have the best of experiences with my 7D. I got a lot of excellent photos but I found it a little too quirky for me. I had some exposure and focus problems that I'm convinced were not my fault. I got a 5D2 soon after my 7D and used that much more though. I've now got a 5D3 and a 60D, but I'd like to try another 7D to see if it was the camera or me. Once you get the new firmware upgrade on it you'll be well away with it.

Aha, just seen your post a bit further down about the firmware update. Unless you got a very recently made 7D you'll most likely need to update the firmware. You can check the firmware version in the menu's (can't remember exactly where though) and update it if neccessary, it's really easy to do, I've done it twice on a 550D, twice on a 5D3 and once on a 5D2 so it must be easy (if I can do it, anyone can). It'll make the 7D a whole new experience, which is partly why I'd like to replace my 60D with another one lol.

Last edited:
congrats! now get posting some photos in the 7D owner picture thread :)

is there much of a difference between the 550d and the 7d? apart from the higher FPS rate on the 7d?

The new firmware adds a lot more as well hopefully that will be out this week coming. 25 frame buffer and Max auto Iso in tow. The autofocus system will be the biggest difference read the manual to get the best out of it you need to understand what it's doing.

Back