I've just ordered one 'L' of a lens.......

Name
Mike Jones
Edit My Images
No
After much soul searching and reading of reviews, I've finally decided to take the plunge and buy a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for my 350D. I've never really been satisfied with the results from my Sigma 28 - 300mm DG macro (but it is relatively cheap :)), so I thought it time that I invested in some decent glass.
I've placed my order with the Devon Camera Centre, it seemed to be the lowest price, unless you use Ebay of course. It's going to be despatched on Monday, I can't wait ! :thumb:

Mike

Congrats:thumb: , a brilliant lens as many results on here have proven - sounds like your having better luck than me - ordered a 24-105 f4 IS L at the start of the week and WarehouseExpress aint got any in stock:hissyfit:

congrats, I do believe you'll like that lens :)

Its usually a good idea to post before you order in case someone knows where to get it cheaper and proceeds to upset you :)

I was very self concious waving my 100-400 around at first... but after a while you stop caring and just enjoy using it.

That lens has tempted me....but after getting my Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 I think Id be disappointed with the F4. (Id like the chance to find out though!!)

RobertP said:
Its usually a good idea to post before you order in case someone knows where to get it cheaper and proceeds to upset you :)

Thanks for the advice Robert, I'll remember that for the next lens I buy ;). I did Google for the best prices and hopefully I found the cheapest..... no doubt someone will prove me wrong! I also contemplated getting a grey import from eBay, but I eventually decided to go the legitimate route.

Mike

I got mine from Kerso (Ian Kerr) who sells on ebay and by direct contact. A few people here have used him before too. He delivers from Scotland lenses he has imported from USA. I paid him direct to his UK bank account and he delivered within a couple of days.

You can search the forums if you want to know the price (would not want to upset you ;) )

Congrats mate :thumb:

You'll love it (whatever you paid), I was finally able to properly shoot mine in anger so to speak last weekend and was very happy with the results, the IS really is great and provided me with alot more keepers than usual.

RobertP said:
I got mine from Kerso (Ian Kerr) who sells on ebay and by direct contact. A few people here have used him before too. He delivers from Scotland lenses he has imported from USA. I paid him direct to his UK bank account and he delivered within a couple of days.

You can search the forums if you want to know the price (would not want to upset you ;) )

Yes, he does very good rates indeed.

Back