Jack Laurenson: Photojournalist www.jacklaurenson.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a look around and found it easy to explore, well set out and clear in intention. The site is easy to navigate around. There are some really striking images that have real depth and impact. I have bookmarked your site because I'm interested in what 2009 will reveal. Well done and I wish I had your eye for a photo :)

Hiya Jack

I like it - though it is (and is meant to be I guess) an obvious ClicPic site. You clearly are a talented photographer, and there is some stunning work on display there. I especially like the portrait shots - very vibrant indeed.

The only criticism I'd have Jack, and remember this is only my personal opnion - others won't necessarily agree - is that I tend not to like any text written in the 1st person (I think that's what it is called!!) - this just seems a little, errrm.... well crass to me! I much prefer, as it is obviously you who has written it as opposed to someone else having written it - to be... "I am a British Photojournalist", instead of... "Jack Laurensen is a British Photojournalist" et al.

Great work though Jack, and I too have bookmarked your site for future visits.

Hey Jack

I don't think this would be too difficult to reword;
Jack Laurenson is a British photojournalist and politicaly motivated photographer currently based in Tooting, South London in the United Kingdom. Utterly dedicated to and obsessed with photography in recent years he has gained experience in the fields of local, regional and national press and other kinds of editorial photojournalism, event photography, portraiture, travel photojournalism and social documentary.

He has begun building up an international editorial client base and is supplying editorial packages to publications such as Shutterbug Magazine in New York and Romar Traveller Magazine. Jack is also working as a freelance contributing photojournalist for various other publications and editorial clients.

Whilst studying at the London College of Communication he is working on his own long term projects and commissions both internationaly and in the city of London.

Intent on shining a light in dark places and changing society's attitudes and opinions with his photography he admits he is somewhat of an idealist and genuinely believes in photojournalism's capacity to change people and influence the world aswell as being an essential means of documenting the history of our planet.

To contact Jack Laurenson in relation to hiring him or with any comments or questions feel free to use the contact form.

... becomes...
I am a British photojournalist and politicaly motivated photographer currently based in Tooting, South London in the United Kingdom. Utterly dedicated to and obsessed with photography in recent years I have gained experience in the fields of local, regional and national press and other kinds of editorial photojournalism, event photography, portraiture, travel photojournalism and social documentary.

I began building up an international editorial client base supplying editorial packages to publications such as Shutterbug Magazine in New York and Romar Traveller Magazine. I also working as a freelance contributing photojournalist for various other publications and editorial clients.

I am currently studying at the London College of Communication, and continue to work on my own long-term projects and commissions, both internationally and in the city of London.

Intent on shining a light in dark places and changing society's attitudes and opinions with my photography, I admit I am somewhat of an idealist and genuinely believe in photojournalism's capacity to change people and influence the world, as well as being an essential means of documenting the history of our planet.

Please feel free to contact me in relation to hiring, or with any comments or questions feel free to use the contact form.

Only my opinion Jack... :) As I said, others won't necessarily agree :)

Funny - but I didn't mind the 3rd person 'About me' so much as the poor grammar :LOL:

Especially this...

Intent on shining a light in dark places and changing society's attitudes and opinions with his photography he admits he is somewhat of an idealist and genuinely believes in photojournalism's capacity to change people and influence the world aswell as being an essential means of documenting the history of our planet.

If you are selling to different places too, it should be societies'. But hey, let it say what you want and, if anything, attribute the opening to the chap who wrote it

Nice shots anyway, even if I think it could be written better

(y)

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back