Jackie's 221......bear with me on this. 4 from week 2 added.

Name
Jackie
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I'd try a challenge with a difference this year; a play on a 365 but only working days (260 less 30 days hols and 9 bank hols) unless of course I'm ill in which case it will reduce.

The only rules I'm setting myself are to either:
1) take a photo on my way to work
2) get myself out of the office at lunch time and take a photo within a mile of work (the exercise will do me good as a newly diagnosed diabetic needing to lose some weight)
3) take a photo on the first leg of my journey home from work - some nights I have to go elsewhere before going home so the photo will come from the journey to or at wherever. This should give me a little more flexibility.

May not always have my dSLR on me, depends on the bag for the day, so may end up on my newly acquired P&S which apparently has lots of different settings I've not yet looked into.

Not in the office until Wednesday so the first helpings will have to wait. I may decide to upload the weeks worth at weekend unless I have some time.

Last edited:
Ok - day 1 Wednesday 5th January, first day back in work after the holidays;
The free metroshuttle buses that run around Manchester City centre every day stop outside my office. On Wednesday night I needed to get the number 1 to Piccadilly station to go to a North West Counties Rugby League meeting

5329040599_428da1e31a_b.jpg

Day 2 Thursday 6th January. Went for a quick walk at lunchtime and couldn't fail to spot the gym in our ofice block on my way back. Reminds me that I should really get back on my Wii Fit. Recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and need to lose some weight.

5340998792_6a53f9804c_b.jpg

Didn't get a picture on Friday - battery was flat:crying: Need to take an extra one this week to make up for it

3. Posted a parcel to my daughter on Monday night.

5352498685_a2b415efd5_b.jpg

4.Partial to more than the odd latte or two. Had this with lunch on Tuesday

5353108582_d5694f3f83_b.jpg

5. Wednesday, The Avenue, Spinningfields. High class (ie expensive) shops on the ground floor of our office block and Magistrates Court opposite

5353109100_957aa766eb_b.jpg

6. Went for a walk Thursday lunchtime to see how long to get to a cheap car park I found on Wednesday night. Not bad - £3/day and ten mins or so from the ofice. Came back via the Lowry Hotel and took this looking back over the bridge. The hotel is on the right, apartments to the left.

5352499215_ab38e933bd_b.jpg

That's quite a challenge you've set for yourself, don't know if I'd find as much of interest going to and from work and certianly not on my lunch hour. The people I know doing 365 have much more scope on weekends and hols so fair play to you. I really like 4, 5 and 6 they're sharper I guess the others were on your phone? Think 6 is my fav, lovely composition, shame about the crane at the back. Will they all be b&w?

Thanks. All taken on my P&S so far - #3 was taken on a very grotty night, late & wet. At least I now know the limitations of the camera. Struggling at the moment with it being dark to and from work, come summer it will be better although I suspect a lot will then be candid shots. There's an awful lot to see and do within 10 mins walk of the office though and it's time I got out and started to appreciate it. Likely to be B&W whilst using ths camera, may have a change when/if the main camera comes out with me.

Some nice shots there - and an interesting idea about the work days only.

My normal routine on the way to work involves getting showered / dressed / breakfast, followed by getting a 2year old dressed and breakfast, nursery drop off, mad dash to work hoping the traffic is okay!!

I admire your discipline in getting out and getting these shots!

Just shows that there's a photo to be had anywhere and that it's not all about golden sunsets and waterfalls!!!!

Also familiar with all the areas you are shooting, so added interest there too.

Best of luck.

Anth

Some nice shots there - and an interesting idea about the work days only.

My normal routine on the way to work involves getting showered / dressed / breakfast, followed by getting a 2year old dressed and breakfast, nursery drop off, mad dash to work hoping the traffic is okay!!

I admire your discipline in getting out and getting these shots!

Just shows that there's a photo to be had anywhere and that it's not all about golden sunsets and waterfalls!!!!

Also familiar with all the areas you are shooting, so added interest there too.

Best of luck.

Anth

Thanks Anth - I'm lucky in that I only have myself to worry - no more dependent kids! Also get into Manchester before 8 and start work at 9! No rush to get home, hubby can wait for his evening meal:LOL:

Back