Jacobs Digital Photo & Video - Liverpool

G

gingerweasel

Just wanted to say how great these guys are.

I make a point of purchasing almost all of my camera bodies from this store (all my lenses come from Amazon) to help support local camera retailers who are feeling the pinch from the internet. We should all do more to support our local stores or risk losing them.

Anyway last week I purchased a Fuji x100 from them and to say I was dissapointed with this camera is an understatement. Image quality was really excellent but the focus system was so poor I felt like putting the camera through a window.

I took it back today expecting some resistance but to my surprise they offered me a full refund or gift voucher for the value - excellent service (y)

Just wanted to say how great these guys are.

I make a point of purchasing almost all of my camera bodies from this store (all my lenses come from Amazon) to help support local camera retailers who are feeling the pinch from the internet. We should all do more to support our local stores or risk losing them.

Anyway last week I purchased a Fuji x100 from them and to say I was dissapointed with this camera is an understatement. Image quality was really excellent but the focus system was so poor I felt like putting the camera through a window.

I took it back today expecting some resistance but to my surprise they offered me a full refund or gift voucher for the value - excellent service (y)

Well that's interesting, did you buy online or from the shop? Jacobs Digital has no returns policy - for me they offered a credit note (no refund) - seriously unimpressed. If you ordered online then distance selling regs would cover you for returns within 7 days.
Sorry to hear your Fuji x100 didn't live up to expectations!

I bought it in store.

In fairness I think the fact that I've bought several bodies from the store helped (5D MKII, 7D, PEN-1, GF1 and the x100).

I actually had them order me a D7000 and took the rest in the form of a gift voucher. I wasn't bothered about a refund as I'd be spending it in store anyway, just didn't want to be stuck with the x100.

By the way a store cannot say 'No Returns Policy'. They have an obligation under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) to repair, replace or refund in the event of a product fault or defect.

I considered the AF system on the Fuji a defect as it wasn't 'fit for purpose'.

I buy my lenses from Amazon though because of their great returns policy. This allows me to ensure I don't end up with a soft copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
chrism_scotland said:
I buy a lot of lenses from Amazon, I agree excellent returns policy

I agree, I have returned a few items with amazon and it's always a simple process and theres never been a problem.

Back