Jade - B&W Conversion.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Popped out for a late lunch with Jade & grabbed this whilst she was relaxing.

Comments welcome please.

Jade-GroveFerry-9305.jpg

It's nice portrait but the highlights on the shoulders do tend to grab the attention a little.

Really good capture and it looks so natural.
Only slight downside it the right handside is just slightly to light but not too much that its off putting

Well I think it looks very very good. I don't mind the blown shoulders, imho it really adds to the style.
A very professional lovely looking conversion.
(and a cracking looking girl too!)

Shoulders don't distract at all for me. I'm drawn immediately to her eyes. Really like the composition.

I'm with the masses on this... lovely! The highlights wont grab when printed anyway, if they bother you on screen.

Love the composition and the conversion :clap:

I like it too, I see what Ryan is saying but not the worst case I have ever seen.

Love the photo. Only thing that nags me is that her right eye is darker than the other, I would brighten it in PP for symettry there.

Hi, I'm not distracted by the blown shoulders, as I'm drawn to Jade's eyes which are the the main focus for me and this composition works very well. :) Well done to you.

Thanks very, very much for your comments gang, much appreciated.

The blown highlights dont bother me that much to be honest.

If this had been a 'proper' shoot, what would have been the best way to avoid
this happening?

The sun was camera right & just behind Jade.

Should I have used flash instead?

Thanks in advance.

Possibly a screen held between sun and subject to soften the light, but tbh when printed I don't think it will be an issue.

Back