Jaguar XJS restoration update

Edit My Images
Yes
been busy for a while now,
the front end has been fully rebuilt ( bodywork wise ), and has all been put together for test fitting,
i have also had to do this as its being transported to my new house in a weeks time ,

DSCN1130_Medium_.JPG

MyPix (y)

thanx,

but the colour miss-match is all part of the grand plan;) ,

the car will be taken apart again , with the doors, bonnet, boot, body-kit ,and all the glass will be taken out and fully prep'd for a full repaint in Jaguar white

MyPix

looking good Vince, i admire your patience!

That is a cracking job there mate (y)

Thanks for the update. Looks like it's coming along nicely. When you planning to get it finished by?

i managed to drive her out of the garage tonight and fit the passenger door, i fitted the drivers door last night,
shame they aint white, lol

anywho, she is ready to transport to my new home now,

i even managed to connect the electrics for the doors and get the windows working, as well as the sunroof,

i did however forget that the power steering system had been drained when the main radiator was replaced ( it cooled the fluid, as well as the water ) , so i filled that up tonight and gave it a few ' lock-to-lock ' turns to make sure it was full,

all the panels below ( and around ) the headlight holes are new, the wings and doors are from donor vehicles,
so far i think my XJS is made up of about 20 cars, lol
i plan to have her back on the road in the spring ready for next summer, in the mean-time i'm gona buy a 3.6 XJS runner to mess around in,

this one is a 5.3ltr V12(y)

DSCN1138_Medium_.JPG

If it's not being too nosey how much are these worth once restored? I know of one lying in a field just begging to be restored.

My late father had an MGB professionly restored by a friend of his. His starting pint was an MGB GT which had lived in Ullapool for about 20 years and was West Coast rusty. He found a left hooker californian donor body and restored to that spec in British racing green. It is still in use and a great drive due to the different suspension set-up to UK models (originally to get round californian bumber-height regulations).

They sell for so little money that we just keep it garaged and take it for an occasional summer run.

Keep up the work Vince. It is great to see a vintage re-birth (y)

lol,
the car fired off the end of Invincible ( ? ) was prolly in better condition than mine, lol,

it may look like a patchwork quilt, but its all solid metal with no rusty bits, up-front at least, there is still some repair to the buttress at the back, but the floor is fine,
80% of the work carried out on her so far has been coverd up with the outer panels, and i have had her two years now:thinking:

it will be repainted in its original colour ' Jaguar White ' once finished, this goes well with the dark burgundy leather interior called Mulberry ,

when finished she will be worth between £4k and £8k depending on how good a job i do, but you can spend at least double that amount to complete the job in the first place:wacky: ,prep and paint alone will cost me £2.5k , and its my brother doing the job,,,,,,,,,,,:shrug: ( i must add, its a £5k paint job i'm getting for my money , lol )

my ultimate aim is to drive her round for at least two or three years and get hold ov a convertable version ,

thanx for all the comments(y)

MyPix

Back