James306's 52 - 2011 *week 11-19 added*

Hiya,

Far too organised, but I get your drift.

Had to laugh at the way you have all the screws lined up in place ready to reassemble :LOL: And I thought I suffered from OCD :D

Cheers

Dawn :)

I'm pretty meticulous when it comes to working on computers, it was cluttered compared to how my coffee table usually looks. Actually, that's a lie!

This one I guess is ripe for a re-shoot!

Week 7 - Delicate

Delicate by James-306, on Flickr

A delicate cat nip bubble being chased by the cat! I initially tried this with the actual cats but they make poor when faced with cat nip bubbles!

C&C welcome as usual :)

Three week update, I have been a bit out of action and didn't manage to get these photos when I had planned, so I spent the day driving/wondering around Portsmouth with a blank canvas in my mind and got all three done! I will make sure I'm quicker with my photos for the rest of the challenge though! :D

Week 8 - Chaos - Seaguls swoop in for the handfull of chips I just threw

Chaos by James-306, on Flickr

Week 9 - Finish, the poing I finished my stroll along the seafront at Southsea along the Millenium walk

_MG_1080 by James-306, on Flickr

Week 10 - Trio, A trio of poppies left behind from rememberence day on the lee side of the war memorial at Southsea Common

Trio by James-306, on Flickr

As always, critique welcome (y)

Wow! Three brilliant shots.

Week 8 - chaos - almost surreal. very striking - this image will stick in my head. The weird light is really strange and draws me in. Did you use flash for this? It really works.

Weeks 9 - finish - love it! Such a simple idea but perfectly done. It shouldn't work, but somehow it does.

Week 10 - trio. A very moving image. The angle is just wonderful.

I'm so impressed with these three. You have a great eye for an unusual shot.

Patrick

Hiya James,

Well done on doing the catch-up.

I somehow missed your week 7: It made me grin when I saw the image, especially the way the cat is looking up to the bubble :D Good colours and DOF.

Week 8: Love the colours and can see the chaos of the birds after the chips. I see something similar every day when one of the neighbours feeds the birds in the field front of my house, the birds go mental every time :LOL:

Week 9: Without reading your expo to the photo I wouldn't have associated it with the theme, but after that I can see how it ties in and I think you have got a fab shot there.

Week 10: This has to be my favourite. I love the angle and DOF plus the three poppies compliment the image well.

You are doing a great job, and I always look forward to seeing your posts.

Cheers

Hi Patrick

would've commented earlier on your Finish shot but only just figured out that poing was meant to be point ! Makes perfect sense now :LOL: Love the angle of the shot & the DOF (y)

Beautiful shot for delicate ,the bubble is so clear & as per Dawn,great the way the cat seems to be looking up at it (y)

Trio is a very poignant capture & well taken (y)

I'm bringing my 52 back to life! I've already broken my own rules as I was going to keep to taking all the photos in the relevant week, but life did it's usual thing and got in the way.

I have however been neglecting my camera a little of late so I will be getting a photo for all the weeks I have missed and then carrying on as normal until I reach 52 :D

Photos to follow...

Hiya James,

Great news .... look forward to seeing the photos.

Cheers

Bit of a batch upload, I'm working through to catch up but want to keep them in order so here's what I have for you so far!

Knowledge by James-306, on Flickr

Google is the greatest source of knowledge readily available!

Moderation by James-306, on Flickr

Alcohol, to be enjoyed in moderation.

Empty by James-306, on Flickr

My bottle of Jamesons....empty :(

Object by James-306, on Flickr

Object, or objection....in ways i'm sure you can imagine!

More to follow very soon :)

Hi James

great work catching up mister (y)

Like the idea for Knowledge as it fit's the theme but the glare to the right & left sides detracts ...probably difficult to shot a monitor without getting glare though :shrug:

Your Moderation & Empty shots are both spot on theme . Moderation appears to have a slight list to the left...optical conclusion ?& the blue thing could do with ebing removed but the focus & clarity of the labels is spot on (y)

Empty is also a good shot but possibly the background detracts slightly along with the oof bottle to the left...still a fitting shot though(y)

Object...interesting take on the theme:eek: Good DOF though& certainly makes you think (y)

Just having a little look to see what people are up, your accommodation shot is fantastic imo, I really like the last one as well with the forbidding undies :)

Been out pretty much all night with the camera tonight filling in the blanks, so here's a couple more for you!

Wrong by James-306, on Flickr

Rubik's cube finished...but not quite right?

Paradox by James-306, on Flickr

Or is it?

Tropical by James-306, on Flickr

Tropical, I decided to give it a bit of a local touch...although quite out of season!!

Power by James-306, on Flickr

Power produced by a Turbo Diesel engine boosting at a very high peaking turbo.

Divided by James-306, on Flickr

A young lover divided from her partner.... (no photographers harmed during the making of this shot ;))

Hiya James,

Just seen all your catch-up shots ... wow you have been a busy bee.

I agree with Lynne's comment about the glare on the screen for Knowledge, however the subject does fit the theme well.

Moderation and Empty are great shots too and right on themes.

Object ... well that is an interesting take :naughty:

The Rubiks cube is a great shot and looks like an advert (y)

:LOL: like the idea for Paradox ... nice and simple.

Great idea for Tropical and fab idea for Halloween too .... although not sure one can get pineapples at that time of year. The colours are fantastic.

Power fits the bill well

And Divided is just WOW! It reminds me of the movie Ghost. A very powerful image indeed and well thought out and executed.

Wow you have done a brilliant job with the catch-up and these shots.

Cheers

Back