Jammy_c's 52! - Making a "Fresh Start" for my 52!

Hey - congratulations to you and Mrs jammy c! And a big welcome back. :)

Fresh Start: yep - spot on theme (espcially since it really is a Fresh Start for you)

Passion: I agree with Mark about the softness. The purple background is a nice touch - purple for passion. :D

Light: I like the composition and the separate strands of red light. (y) I suppose getting the same separation for the oncoming headlights was a total no-no, though. Still a good take on the theme. :)

Jean

Cheers, Jean! (y)

Hi there!

Not seen this thread before, but well done on picking the 52 back up.
And a big congratulations to you and Mrs Jammy C . . . that sounds like the best reason in the world for getting behind with this.

I'll go back and have a read of the rest of your thread when I have time, but for now there's 3 very likeable shots right here!

Fresh Start : (y) Great idea. So obvious now that I've seen it and I'm amazed that nobody else thought of it.
One niggle - I'd maybe like the head of the toothbrush to be a touch sharper.

Passion : I absolutely LOVE this one. I agree that you've gone a bit OTT with the "softglow", but apart from that it's brilliant. The concept, composition and colours are fantastic.

Reshoot : Yep. I really like light trails and it's something I've been wanting to try myself. And just to complete it, you've got some nice sky and interesting greenery at the side of the road too.

Hi Sarah! thanks for the comments. they've all been taken on-board. I think you're right on all accounts. (y) cheers.

Welcome back :wave:

Fresh Start - great idea, and as JG says, can't think why no one else thought about it. I too would like to see just a little more focus on the head of the toothbrush. (y)

Passion - I remember those days :LOL: :naughty:, a tad soft but great (and clean) interpretation of the theme. I'm assuming you 'borrowed' them from a 'friend' ;)

Reshoot Light - Light trails at their best so well done Mr Married Man, and Congratulations to you both :clap::clap::clap:

Cheers, Jill! :)
yeah, the toothbrush could have been a bit sharper. I was too concerned with getting a really shallow DOF, and think I probably messed up the focal point.
I was fairly happy with the light trails, although i did some much better landscape ones a while back, but seem to have mislaid them on my PC :( i'll perhaps post a few if i find them again.
And, yes..... of course they were borrowed! :confused: :LOL:

Congratulations - sounds like you've been having a great time!!

I havn't read anyone elses comments so sorry if I'm repeating stuff:

Fresh Start - I can't believe no one else thought of this. Great simple interpretation, the only think I can say is I think the brush could be sharper.

Passion - We all know you've been on Honeymoon... we don't need anymore detail than that thankyou! :p It looks a bit soft but I like the colours.

Light - I like it, the lights lead you through the shot nicely. I must get out to try this myself someday.

Welcome back James and congratulations...

Fresh Start... a great idea, and simple interpretation. Perhaps a little sharper on the brush head..

Passion... Apart from the softness works so well... Are you sure you borrowed those, and they're not from your Honeymoon... Don't feel the need to answer that ;)

Light... Nicely done... Something I've yet to have a go at myself.

Back