January's best railway shots

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is the best of the new decade from me so far. All comments and critique, no matter how insightful, sharp or nice :)
11e4sc.jpg

11xfyb.jpg

11xfyj.jpg

11jlcn.jpg

11jlcp.jpg

11jz95.jpg

great images... how did you get shot3... and isn't No 4 one of the new Class 70's? I hadn't realised they were running yet... not sure about the look, i suppose it's progress... give me a class 37 anyday...! :D

Last edited:
Hi D_Ninety, to answer your questions in order, #3 was taken out of the leading window of a mk3 coach. Leaning out with my 10-20 siggy attached, didn't expect it to come out so well though, being as it's 1/30s and doing about 80mph, plus I was hanging out into all that airflow. #4 is indeed a Class 70, now you can see why they're called Ugly Bettys! They've been operating since mid November and have already had to be removed from traffic for mods (popular rumour is they had no hot plate for the drivers tea, same thing happened when 66s first arrived) and are banned from working solo on the Welsh Marches route due to delays resulting from failures.

#2 and #5 work very well for me. Nice shots, well done!

Thanks for the replies, I'm happy with #2, except for not quite getting the roofline in. It was taken at 10mm (APS-C), and the interested little boy is my son, a big enthusiast already. His favourite was #8, where he saw a "DVV go very very fast with penlino coaches and Skoda at back-k-k-k" I hope this means something to those of you in the know railway wise, don't know why he does the repeating last sound, but it's quite cute. He knows a lot railway for a kid not even 3 yet! What have I done?

Back