Jap show - Santapod

Edit My Images
No
Bugger, Anyone now how to move this to the Transport section?

I know that these are a few weeks late, but had a great time at the Jap Show at Santa Pod so thought these might be worth posting. A little bit marmite with these, as they are HDR so comments most welcome

4763725435_f8cd47c592_b.jpg

4763727459_5d70c13d4a_b.jpg

4764366384_c3dec7eb74_b.jpg

4763727147_1ca12a36e3_b.jpg

Last edited:
Ok..Lets look at these 2 ways.

1. As standard car pics they dont really work that well.

2. As a slightly Animated look they are truly stunning.

I love them simply because they are Jap, home of Anime etc..and these fit in 100%.

Programmes used and setting would really be helpfull though so i can copy them in the future for a Cosplay Anime shoot i have planned.

I love the last one, if the car and the fence in the background was removed it would be a corker for me. HDR on cars doesn't usually work that well for me but I do like the look of the Subaru and the last one.

Thanks for the responses so far.

1. Why don't these work as standard car shots?

2. Software used was Photomatix to combine 5 exposures together. As for setting, I just adjust until I like what I see. Don't try to over saturate the colour thou

The HDR treatment doesn't do it for me in all honesty and makes everything look unsharp. They're all beautiful cars - who wouldn't want to own one of those - but the processing ruins them for me. However, as you've said, it's a mamite things and others will like that effect.

Photographically, the skyline has the most promise because it's got the best composure and space around the subject matter

BTW - is the first one a Lexus or an Infiniti?

Last edited:
Back