Japan - recent travel vlog

Name
Julian Elliott
Edit My Images
No
Evening all

Been crazy busy at the end of 2018. Trying to find time just to slow down and get some time isn't easy at all!

In any case, here's a glimpse of Japan from a couple of weeks ago. Awesome autumn colours in parts of Kyoto.

Evening all

Been crazy busy at the end of 2018. Trying to find time just to slow down and get some time isn't easy at all!

In any case, here's a glimpse of Japan from a couple of weeks ago. Awesome autumn colours in parts of Kyoto.

Thank you for sharing Julian, planning my dream trip to Japan for 2020, only problem is......... I know I won't want to come back

I Love Japan and I can't stress it enough. It feels like home somehow, thank you for sharing.

p.s. When you said "2 westerners cycling past".

Was it these 2? 5min in

going to Japan next year already booked. 3 days in Tokyo then cruise to other parts of the country

Last edited:
Japan has been on my list for a long time, I have a feeling that I will really like their culture and looking forward to it!

I Love Japan and I can't stress it enough. It feels like home somehow, thank you for sharing.

p.s. When you said "2 westerners cycling past".

Was it these 2? 5min in

I can't remember to be honest. But the day they filmed the lake it was good weather but the day I was there was pretty grey without any hint of sunshine.

I went to Miyajima too for half a day, it was actually the main reason I went to Hiroshima, basically to get this photo.

The one thing that's tricky with the one in Miyajima is that the water does recede quite far and in the wrong time of the year it is difficult to time it so that the water is up full when the tide comes in at the same hour. The Toro gates being flooded is the iconic shot that everyone wants.

WntItlH.jpg

7GX1SNy.jpg

I was actually looking that up and it seems quite doable, although some have voiced concerns about obtaining a VISA to drive through Pakistan. Would be some journey though!

And some photography along the way :)

Mongolia would be do-able. Might go via Russia to shoot St Petersburgh, Moscow etc.

I was actually looking that up and it seems quite doable, although some have voiced concerns about obtaining a VISA to drive through Pakistan. Would be some journey though!

And then ferry to Northern Japan Hokkaido? and Ferry down?

Saves the journey through North Korea.

But then you have to go all the way back.

I used a ferry crossing from Sakhalin to Hokkaido years ago, not sure if it still operates though. That'd be my overland option, right through Russia:)

Not sure how far south you can get by ferry, only ever flown into Okinawa.

GC

Aye, I reckon the return journey would probably feel twice as long after the novelty had worn off!

Back