Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
2 and 6 for me and what i guess is no 9
did you stay at an hotel or a ryokan
what cities and places did you visit?...i see miyajima so where are your deer shots...;)

the butterflies shot needs a bit of off focus elements reduced in the foreground

lantern man by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

the dark lantern shots need to have some of the overpowering dark reduced in are of the shot to get a better balance

cheers
geof

Last edited:
Thanks all. Have edited the last post to add numbers.

We stayed partly in ryokans, partly hotels and partly airbnbs. The route was Tokyo, Hakone, Miyajima/Hiroshima, Kyoto & Osaka, Takayama, Kanazawa (via Shirawakawa-go) then back to Tokyo. All in 2 weeks. I could've stayed forever.

@mrtoad - for me the darker areas actually give it better balance than cropping it more tightly. Really appreciate the input though :)

Thanks all. Have edited the last post to add numbers.

We stayed partly in ryokans, partly hotels and partly airbnbs. The route was Tokyo, Hakone, Miyajima/Hiroshima, Kyoto & Osaka, Takayama, Kanazawa (via Shirawakawa-go) then back to Tokyo. All in 2 weeks. I could've stayed forever.

@mrtoad - for me the darker areas actually give it better balance than cropping it more tightly. Really appreciate the input though :)

now worries...chaps like you give me the chance to practice pp on decent shots...i havent taken many for....i forget..:D

we did similar tour to you...my daughter was teaching at shimizu so we stayed there and and shizuoka before a weeks tour covering the same as you with a funny kind of experience going from misima to hakone..on the ferry it was raining and dark so my wife video'd a post card of fuji san as it was too dark...the japanese passengers thought it was a hoot!!
we spent two nights in a hotel in tokyo in the ginza daichi area...room only!
liked the country immenseley
the only japanese food we ate was a dish ordered by my daughter who lived there for three years, udon, tempora, and a strange noodles with egg...the egg was raw
the food models of western food...well..i wasnt tempted
cheers and dom arigato for your reply
toady san

now worries...chaps like you give me the chance to practice pp on decent shots...i havent taken many for....i forget..:D

we did similar tour to you...my daughter was teaching at shimizu so we stayed there and and shizuoka before a weeks tour covering the same as you with a funny kind of experience going from misima to hakone..on the ferry it was raining and dark so my wife video'd a post card of fuji san as it was too dark...the japanese passengers thought it was a hoot!!
we spent two nights in a hotel in tokyo in the ginza daichi area...room only!
liked the country immenseley
the only japanese food we ate was a dish ordered by my daughter who lived there for three years, udon, tempora, and a strange noodles with egg...the egg was raw
the food models of western food...well..i wasnt tempted
cheers and dom arigato for your reply
toady san

:D

Yeah, sounds like you had a similar trip. It's amazing isn't it? :)

I went nuts on the food. I'm coeliac so had to avoid anything with wheat in (quite tricky when even the soy sauce has it!) but I did just fine. It's only been 6 days and I miss the sushi SO MUCH...

:D

Yeah, sounds like you had a similar trip. It's amazing isn't it? :)

I went nuts on the food. I'm coeliac so had to avoid anything with wheat in (quite tricky when even the soy sauce has it!) but I did just fine. It's only been 6 days and I miss the sushi SO MUCH...

:eek: never touched it...but it seems to be popular...:rolleyes:

did you learn to make a peace crane...origami

No, but we saw the ones Obama made and left at Hiroshima.

I figured I could learn to do them at home :)

!!
its interesting that on that Obama peace visit this was carried by an aide

220px-The_nuclear_football.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football

that golden pavilion shot in kyoto is a cracker
we stayed in a ryokan just down the road not far from the heian shrine
geof

Back