Japan

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
Yes just booked a holiday in Japan for early next year 2019. Highlight for me will be a ride on the bullet train.

1 Fly UK/Tokyo
2-4 Tokyo Hotel Stay - 3 Nights
4 Tokyo - Mt. Fuji & Hakone with Bullet Train
5 Tokyo (Yokohama) 17:00
6 Toba 07:00 17:00
7 Himeji 09:00 18:00
8 Kochi 08:00 18:00
9 At Sea
10 Busan 07:00 16:00
11 At Sea
12 Yokkaichi 07:00 18:00
13 Tokyo (Yokohama) 06:00
13 Fly Tokyo/UK
14 Arrive in UK - Overnight flight

Somewhere I have wanted to go and see for a long time. ok not a long time out there but I least I can say I have been and had a fantastic trip

This year it is the Norwegian Fjords

Last edited:
I’d love to visit Japan. Seems like a fascinating country and culture.
For the bullet train experience though you don’t need to travel that far. France’s TGV and Spain’s AVE are awesome experiences.

For the bullet train experience though you don’t need to travel that far. France’s TGV and Spain’s AVE are awesome experiences.

Na you can keep France and Spain, the far east culture is missing . Might as well go on a Blackpool pier train to get the same thrill

Weird attitude but I hope you enjoy your trip nevertheless.

Thank you.

Spain and France don't inspire me, putting it kindly, having been to both, won't say what I really think.

Now China was something different and hopefully Japan and the far east will be the same.. Even Russia the baltics and the Caribbean had that "Difference" as did Tunisia. Done the USA several times as well as Brazil. Med cruises done 2/3 times that were interesting.

Now we prefer the more "exotic" holidays while we can afford them and" young enough" to enjoy

Got to do them before it is time to sit in a deckchair on some UK beach with a knotted hankerchief on the head

Last edited:
I did Japan last year, those are GPS tags of where I took photos.

Fukuoka, Hironshima, Miyajima, Kobe, Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, Hakone (Mt Fuji), Tokyo.

Any reason you are going to Busan? That's in South Korea right? seems random to go all the way over there and spend 2 of the 12 days at sea.

adclIux.png

My Son is currently studying in Japan living in a place called Kurume, close to Fukuoka, he went to Tokyo couple of weeks ago and loved it, but he did say it was cheaper to fly than go by the bullet train

My Son is currently studying in Japan living in a place called Kurume, close to Fukuoka, he went to Tokyo couple of weeks ago and loved it, but he did say it was cheaper to fly than go by the bullet train

Internal flight I got from Tokyo to Fukuoka was £70. A ticket on the Shinkansen between Tokyo to Kyoto is like £100.

I've not tried the AVE, but the Bullet Train really does feel so much better than the TGV. Also, as pretty as France is, Japan is mind blowing.

Flying is also slower...... (end to end).

Flying is also slower...... (end to end).[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is slower but if you are a student on limited funds you have not much choice to go cheapest route

I've not tried the AVE, but the Bullet Train really does feel so much better than the TGV.

I used it for the Alicante-Madrid route. Was the smoothest train I have ever been on. Even at 300km/h there was hardly any sensation of movement. Lovely food too on decent crockery. A real first class experience.

I used it for the Alicante-Madrid route. Was the smoothest train I have ever been on. Even at 300km/h there was hardly any sensation of movement. Lovely food too on decent crockery. A real first class experience.

Hmmmmm, that sounds like it might be worth a trip. I guess I could get the Javelin to France, TGV to Spain and AVE to go further south.

Hmmmmm, that sounds like it might be worth a trip. I guess I could get the Javelin to France, TGV to Spain and AVE to go further south.

If I remember rightly the AVE now goes to southern France. I am sure there is a route from Barcelona.

Back