..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
Right well it looks like i need the new version of java Version 6 Update 16
I have version 6 update 15

Problem is when i click on download java now !!! Nothing happens !!

Anyone have any ideas . " i think this is why i cannot use any smilies "

md

on xp (not sure about vista) go to start menu, run and type in javaws -viewer, click OK.

check the java control panel, try to update through that.

im running v6 up 13 here and no issues with anthing, smiley's aren't java based anyway are they?

on xp (not sure about vista) go to start menu, run and type in javaws -viewer, click OK.

check the java control panel, try to update through that.

im running v6 up 13 here and no issues with anthing, smiley's aren't java based anyway are they?

not sure on the smilies issue but there is a few other things not working on other sites . and some say we need java " which we had / have .

im on vista

ill give it a try

md

Had the same problem on vista machine, as soon as I started getting the update ready warnings, anything that required java just didnt work. All resolved once I did the update, but it did allow me to download it, so not sure what is causing the problem for you Dave. Smileys still worked though :thinking:

just been into the system and tried a update . it said i was already running the latest version hmmm how very strange.

when i upload a set to my website it uses java. i know as at the moment i have to do it one by one..

md

Have you tried going to their website and doing a manual download of latest version, possibly even uninstalling your version too first?

ill try that now

md

other option it to remove it and try a fresh install.

i have just uninstalled it .

but cannot download it now....lol i love pc's

cheers for the help guys

md

Hang on, can you download anything straight from the web? [as opposed to via ftp]

example ? like what.

md

java downloaded now . must be to do with mcafee problems

thanks again

md

I didn't know about that javaws -viewer doo dah, so gave it a bash.

Says I am on version 6 update 13, I updated it and it said the update was already installed.

I reinstalled it, ran the viewer thing again and it's still update 13?

Anyway it still seems to work OK .

Back