Jay in the Birches

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
Had three of these around this morning, one so close that I felt the wind of it's wings as it flew off.:LOL:

Jay32.jpg

Lovely shot Charlie, sitting nicely in the frame with nice sharp detail (y) I have a couple nesting around here, strange though that the other species come down to the bog garden for a drink or bath but no sign of the Jay`s visiting :shrug: They seem to keep themselves to themselves.

Lovely shot Charlie, sitting nicely in the frame with nice sharp detail (y) I have a couple nesting around here, strange though that the other species come down to the bog garden for a drink or bath but no sign of the Jay`s visiting :shrug: They seem to keep themselves to themselves.

Cheers(y)
They are very wary birds & I find them hard to photograph, though not as hard to capture as a Robin!:LOL:
I had been watching a Roe doe coming through the Birches & was waiting for her to cross a wee clearing,when the Jay perched for a few seconds.
As to the Roe, she never did make the clearing. She made a wee scrape then lay down to chew the cud for an hour or so.:bang::LOL:
Oh well she seemed quite content.(y)

Thats a great angle of this corvid, it shows the bird's great colouring, well done as they are skittish.

Cracker Charlie - very difficult subject if you are not lying hidden in wait.
Once or twice a week I get a flitting look at one, but no where near camera range.

Seem to recall reading that these guys bury acorns all over the place.

Thanks folks. I guess having a hide set up in the same place for a few years now, means things like the Jay get used to it & the food. It is only when the flap open that they get wary. One perched for a split second on the windowsill only inches from my face!

I think they can find acorn stashes they have hidden months before. Maybe it's a tree by then :bonk:

Great detail in those feathers (y)

Thank you.(y)
I have heard that about the acorns but have never seen them doing it. No reason to doubt their ability to find them again as corvids are very intelligent birds.

Lovely looking bird and shot, but not one of my favorite birds.

There have been a pair of these that have been hanging around near the perches I put out for the kingfishers. I am sure that they are responsible for the lack of young kingies this year.

Back