Jennifer

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Was shooting some staff images for a construction company's web site on Tuesday and thought that I would post one of their receptionist.

93528989.jpg

just my opinion
but I think you've gone a bit OTT with post processing

Thanks for comments .. nice to experiment and have a bit of fun seeing how far you can push processing.

This is the image that was used for their web site.

93529363.jpg

much better imho! (y)

The version used is easily the best of the three, nice one.

Good work....image used seems suitable for the application whereas the first seems too arty to be putting on a website...but i understand you were just trialling techniques

the eyes did pull my attention
like the less OTT 'shopping in the last post and also the reangle really works for me over the original

Nice image, pretty girl, nice smile.

The processing is over done in the original, and the image you are using for the website, could benefit from the horizon or window ledge being straightened ....

Just my 2p worth, but maybe making sure the hair was also not so wispy on top ....

Thanks for sharing.

the first one you showed is horible, so over processed it makes her looks scary. The one they actually used is much much much nicer, its a really good image, much more subtle processing that enhances slightly but still looks nice and real.

Thanks for all your comments.
Re straitening the window ledge .. it was straight when shot taken but I tipped it deliberately. This is not the landscape forum. These rules don't count.(smiles)

What I would find very interesting is to know if those who think that the first image is really horrible have a calibrated monitor. I set out to produce this effect (the effect that I see). The paid part of the job was done and I was playing about but on my calibrated screen I wouldn't say the effect was horrible.

Thanks for all your comments.
Re straitening the window ledge .. it was straight when shot taken but I tipped it deliberately. This is not the landscape forum. These rules don't count.(smiles)

What I would find very interesting is to know if those who think that the first image is really horrible have a calibrated monitor. I set out to produce this effect (the effect that I see). The paid part of the job was done and I was playing about but on my calibrated screen I wouldn't say the effect was horrible.

Yup, calibrated, and the sloping line through the female in the photo was a distraction. Hence reason I said it.

Calibrated with Spyder 2.

[edit] Incidentally ... looked at your website link .... phenomenal work btw

:thinking: Looks like iv missed out on something here... :bang:

my monitor is calibrated
nothing wrong with the colours
the effect was too "movie romantic blurry"

where the pics go btw?

Back