Jessica

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Saw an image I really liked the other day so thought I would try and do my own version. Lit with a Flash in a 24" softbox camera right.

Jess in da hood pt 2
by Don't like to be Bored, on Flickr

As always C&C welcomed.

Thanks for looking.

Nick

I think everyone's done this at some point, I did it first as a 'homage' (ok copy) of a David Bailey shot of Mick Jagger from the 60s :D

As for your version - well what's not to like :)

Nicely exposed and lit, good use of limited DoF, focus spot on and without seeing a much bigger version I'm not going to comment on the skin/eye PP; my only slight preference would have been for a bit more coat at the bottom to kind of 'stand' her head on a bit more

Nice one

Dave

Thanks Dave.

With regards to skin and eye PP the only thing done was a slight sharpen on the eyes in LR5 and clone out a little scab on the chin - I prefer to see them as they are, particularly on kids who have much softer skin.

Last edited:
I like it! Really nicely lit, amazing eye contact, i feel like she's staring right at me! Great work :)

Danny

Cheers guys, thanks for commenting (y)

Really like, its got a slight sepia type tinge which i don't normally like but works really well here. The only crit being very picky is the amount of coat 'fluff' by her right eye, but the eyes and the cheeky smile really make it.

Really like, its got a slight sepia type tinge which i don't normally like but works really well here. The only crit being very picky is the amount of coat 'fluff' by her right eye, but the eyes and the cheeky smile really make it.

Thanks Simon. I tried a straight B&W conversion and it was a bit harsh so I played around with the lightroom presets and found this. I agree about the fluff but she was at the end point of photography by then lol.

Back