Jessops, anyone got an idea how we can get some sort of discount at this stupid place

Edit My Images
No
seeing as jessops seem to be the only people who have a 50mm f1.4 in stock until like the 3rd of jan, and im really eager to get it, is there any way people know of to get some money off at jessops? they seem pretty strict on sticking to there prices even when there rivals sell it for £80 cheaper!

Try this code:

CPB10PC

(should give 10% off everything except DSLRs)

Enter goods in basket then go to checkout and there should be a blank box where you can enter discount codes.

Also www.camerapricebuster.co.uk is agood site for prices comparisons and other discount codes.

would it be possible to use these in store? i think i know the answer already but its worth a try

As far as Im aware these are for online use only (re:Jessops codes) although you could try your luck and see if they will price match - seems this ability varies from store to store.

A quick word of warning about camerapricebuster, double check the prices they quote for companies outwith the Jessops chain. I've found they sometimes quote prices far in excess of the actual price the item is on offer for elsewhere.

sorry i really didn't explain myself that well, i mean shops in the birmingham district that i could go in store today to purchase it, as ive just got a body lying around waiting to be used (i switched from nikon to the forums favourite, canon)

supposidly they had a 110% price match scheme going which now has ended according to a website?

has any of you lot had luck with getting a discount in store with them?

The problem with Jessops at the moment is they've got crazy inflated prices on all their lenses so even with the discount code you'll pay way over the odds. :wacky:

The problem with Jessops at the moment is they've got crazy inflated prices on all their lenses so even with the discount code you'll pay way over the odds. :wacky:

aye, but im in a desperate mood, if i could get it down by £30 then try and get them to throw a filter and/or lens hood in id probably do it.

You switched from Nikon to Canon - shame on you! :p

:nikon:

:p

ahah, yeah id been meaning to ever since i tried a certain canon out, then i got a really good deal on one, so i couldnt pass it up

yes very true, before xmas they had the sigma 70-300mm APO for £179, now in the january sale it's gone up to £199, work that one out :shrug: .

i did get them to do a pricematch in store on my D50 + kit lens with a camerapricebuster code,so got it for £368 but that was a few month's ago.

as regard's there 110% pricematch, that is advertised in the january digital photo magazine, i'm sure like the rest of us they know these mag's come out a month in advance, it might be worth pointing out this advert if you go into the shop.

They give student discount of 10% - take a student along with you :LOL:

i was concidering that, though another company has come up trumps after phoning every store, im keeping it to myself until i have the lens on my hands, im that precautious :LOL:

Jessops are the the best suppliers in the U.K.

More so if you want the product the same day, Jessops will match any U.K based internet price, I have bought most of my gear from them(££a****load££), one of my more recent purchases was over 3.5k and still saved a packet.
You also get the benefit if you need to take it back they are on the doorstep.

As their salesman (ooops sorry being P.C. correct sales technician) are not on commission they are there to just sell as much as possible as quick as possible.

Do your homework on google, print off the page with the cheapest price (must have contact details and show its in the U.K.) they will check while your in the shop.

Jessops, over the counter at internet prices:woot:

I found this, I don't know if it helps at all :shrug:

BASKET VALUE SAVING VOUCHER CODE

These vouchers can only be used at Jessops.com and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

£100 - £250 £10 RUDOLPH
£250 - £500 £15 DASHER
£500 - £750 £25 DANCER
£750 - £1000 £50 DONDER
OVER £1000 £80 BLITZEN

Back