Jessops back in Leicester

opens this friday, lets see how long this one lasts..:confused:o_O
By me, there is a Wilkinson Camera shop, in the premises that was occupied by Jessops. But everything is locked in glass cabinets, and it is not so easy, trying to check stuff out. Trying to look at something, and sales person sticks close to you. Not a nice relaxed feeling, like the Jessops days.

I remember going to Jessops in Leicester in about 1980, before they were everywhere. Nice that they're back.

My name is Peter Jones and I would have saved Jacobs....................................the new iteration of Jessops seems better...

opens this friday, lets see how long this one lasts..:confused:o_O

Not long if their prices are anything like the prices I saw in the Guildford branch not that long ago [emoji50]

The one in Milton keynes seems to be doing OK.
Prices weren't that bad. Got a good deal on my rx100 money off and a load of accessories.
Pretty good customer services as well

FWIW I think the store will be only as good as the staff behind the counter, poor staff means no returning customers and inevitably closure. There prices seem to be on par with the main operators on Camerpricebuster and they seem to price match OK as well.
The store in the Metrocentre seems to be doing quite well even though its not all that big, but I suppose they have a really good catchment area due to the size of the centre itself.
I'm off to the shop tomorrow to try out a Sigma 150-600 C so we will see what they are like.

Back