Jessops back open...

Name
Rod
Edit My Images
No
So after closing all of their high st shops and even online, just noticed that they are back in business. Bumped into their store yesterday in London at Oxford St. Prices are ok, more competitive than before. Great to see shoppers buying from the store yesterday.

jessops.jpg

Agreed. Had to do a double take. Their online store is up and running again too. Dragons Den chap and his mates saved it. Opening 30-40 stores nationwide with a view to provide competitive pricing as online.

Only time will tell.

I was searching for a 24-70 online and came across this yesterday, thought it was a scam site when it popped up. Doing interest free credit too. Just a pity my nearest store is 185 miles away now

Manchester market street branch has reopened as well. Didn't get chance to pop in and look but looks the same.

Hope they get it right, most other outlets in Manchester are now gone.

I went to Jessops in the Metro centre with a view to getting a Canon 650D, Currys were £20 cheaper so I went there instead.

Did you try for a price match ? I'm sure in this day and age it would be unreasonable for them to turn you away .

I went to Jessops in the Metro centre with a view to getting a Canon 650D, Currys were £20 cheaper so I went there instead.

If you had any real questions about the camera I doubt Currys would have the answers, still its good you got a better deal.

I went into the Glasgow store last weekend and it was pretty much empty already. I asked if they had the lenses I was looking for and they didn't but would email me when they were in stock. Like the person above, I drove 2 minutes down the road to Currys and got it cheaper.

In terms of companies, there was a Canon 7d, 650d, 6d and an M. No Nikon full frames, a d5200 and a d3200. Sony a57 and a77 but no Sony lenses (except the 16-50mm on the a77). An Olympus epl3 and a Panasonic g5. That was everything in store... No Sony NEXs, Panasonic GFs, Pentax DSLRS or mirrorless, no Nikon 1s, 2 Tamron lenses, no Sigmas and one Panasonic lens.

As I said to my friend, there was more staff than Pentax, Sony, Panasonic, Olympus and Tamron lenses combined.

The London Oxford st branch was fully deck'd out. Lots of stock, including high end Canon and Nikon.

I went into the Glasgow store last weekend and it was pretty much empty already. I asked if they had the lenses I was looking for and they didn't but would email me when they were in stock. Like the person above, I drove 2 minutes down the road to Currys and got it cheaper.

In terms of companies, there was a Canon 7d, 650d, 6d and an M. No Nikon full frames, a d5200 and a d3200. Sony a57 and a77 but no Sony lenses (except the 16-50mm on the a77). An Olympus epl3 and a Panasonic g5. That was everything in store... No Sony NEXs, Panasonic GFs, Pentax DSLRS or mirrorless, no Nikon 1s, 2 Tamron lenses, no Sigmas and one Panasonic lens.

As I said to my friend, there was more staff than Pentax, Sony, Panasonic, Olympus and Tamron lenses combined.

The Curry's here in Sheffield are rubbish, not much at all in terms of camera gear.

Does this mean the vouchers will work again.., I held to mine just incase

Oooh, good point. Not sure, worth ringing up their customer service. I dont see why not. But then again, they might have been registered under a new business entity which negates previous vouchers... legal stuff... Apparently, there was around £800,000 of unclaimed vouchers when they closed up shop... YIKES! :thinking:

its a different company now so there not there vouchers

I have heard via Which that although gift cards won’t be accepted as a form of payment, because Jessops is trading under a different company, they are offering a goodwill gift for anyone with gift cards.

To receive your gift, Jessops have said you can do one of two things –

1. Go to the store with the gift card and you will receive one of the gifts, depending on the value of your gift card. The gift system works on a tiered system of different gifts.
2. Send the gift card off to head office with a forwarding address, and they will send the gift through to you.

Beats a poke in the eye ;)

There's one in Basingstoke too - I was surprised at the d7000 price ( £642, less the £100 cash back on offer at the moment ).

According to camerapricebuster, that's pretty competitive

That's about the going rate atm from quite a few places. (Mifsuds £639)
Great camera & a real bargain these days.

Indeed - I just went in expecting it to be a lot more.

I showed it to wifey - she asked what differences there are to my 3100. I told her.

It meant nothing.

We left :(

Manchester market street branch has reopened as well. Didn't get chance to pop in and look but looks the same.

Hope they get it right, most other outlets in Manchester are now gone.

Yeh its the staff from the Trafford Center running it, they were a good crowd. They advised that they would price match on line prices.....Not Grey imports though

Indeed - I just went in expecting it to be a lot more.

I showed it to wifey - she asked what differences there are to my 3100. I told her.

It meant nothing.

We left :(

Take her in again & casually show her the D800 ;)
She might then say "The other one was much cheaper!" :cool:

Haha, cheers. :D

The risk is though, if you delve too deep into the D800 & it's features ......you might actually want one! :LOL:

Then you'll have to show her a D4 (y)

I'd be tempted with Jessops if they were to offer to redeem my Xmas present cards. I might even add some cash to buy a bigger ticket item.

I'd be tempted with Jessops if they were to offer to redeem my Xmas present cards. I might even add some cash to buy a bigger ticket item.

Doubt the markup would cover their complete loss on your vouchers though, not unless "some cash" is several digits long....

There's one in Basingstoke too - I was surprised at the d7000 price ( £642, less the £100 cash back on offer at the moment ).

According to camerapricebuster, that's pretty competitive

Just purchased a 17-40L from Basingstoke store who could not have been more helpful and at £579 (before cashback) their prices are as good as any UK supplier on Camerpricebuster :)

Good to have them back, they've also said they will sort out a number of prints or posters for the unused gift vouchers as a gesture of good will :)

Good stuff. All they've got to do is remain competitive as sometimes you just need to hold the equipment ( such as a new body ) to see if you like it

I was in there a good thirty minutes chatting with the team after paying for the lens, I would pay a tad more for a bricks and mortar where you know people :)

Well done mate. Great to see people buying from Jessops again... They just need to keep it up with the online stores...

Back