jessops collect at store?

Edit My Images
Yes
hi, i want to collect a new camera body on saturday from jessops but its only giving me the option to collect in 1hrs time or on the 21st (no saturday)

how long do they reserve it for?

Things may have changed since I last bought something from their company, but about a year ago things were reserved for up to a week.

It is possoble that they only have one in stock and if you want it you can collect it now. They may have more due in on the 21st?

Last time I collected i had to wait until after 10 am.

Just be carefull they aint giving you an ex display camera, which is what quite often happens, make sure you get a sealed box.

Choose the 'collect from 1 hour' option, that reserves it for a week.

If you are buying lenses or anything else with it make sure you use their online discount codes!

If collect at store isn't showing an hour then they don't have stock and it's 3 days time which means the item will be sent to the store.

Note that even when it shows as being in stock it often isn't and you might get a call from the store saying they don't have it but will in 3 days time.

I've used this service many times and I think it's absolutely great. I've never had any problems using it.

It's also very clever - it allows Jessops' web site and network of shops to feed off one another. Now if only their prices were more consistently competitive...

When they say pick up in 1 hour, or from 10am tomorrow, or whenever, that's the earliest time you can collect it. They'll hold it for a week for you.

maybe that store isnt open saturdays? so you can pickup straight away or monday when its next open???

Phone the branch and ask - it may be they are too busy on Saturdays (can't see them closing on their busiest day somehow) to deal with "collect" orders, seems a bit odd though....

Last edited:
Personally, if in doubt I would just pick up the phone and ask them directly.

I've just been on the Jessops site doing a collect at store and it says my local store (plus a few others) has what I want for either 1 hour or Monday pick up, so it looks as if it's normal policy. Can't see them turning down a sale if you wander in to pick up your c-a-s order on a Saturday though...

Thanks for all the replys :)

i have just reserved the camera (reserved for 1 week), i had to put my card details in to reseve and then it said this:

The card will be used to verify the identity of the person picking up the goods in store.

The card will NOT be charged at this point.

You will pay in store, via Chip and Pin, when you collect your order.

i was hoping to pay cash

i have just reserved the camera (reserved for 1 week), i had to put my card details in to reseve and then it said this:

The card will be used to verify the identity of the person picking up the goods in store.

i was hoping to pay cash

I've done it a few times, and not yet used the card I used for verification.
I've used cash every time.

i was hoping to pay cash

Why would you want to pay cash? If you pay by credit card you get added protection if whatever you buy packs in, it's not as if you're going to get a discount for paying cash in Jessops......

Why would you want to pay cash? If you pay by credit card you get added protection if whatever you buy packs in, it's not as if you're going to get a discount for paying cash in Jessops......

i have the cash at home as i've been saving for a while and the credit card is my dads as i dont own one.

I think your right though as it will be better with the added protection.

I'm more surprised that jessops is the best price you can get :shrug:

I'm more surprised that jessops is the best price you can get :shrug:

Sometimes, Jessies can be the cheapest.
My first (proper) dSLR was a Nikon D40.
And at the time, they were cheapest.
I done lots of homework, shopping around on the net etc, but nobody could beat them :eek:

I went into London Camera Exchange, told them Jessies were doing it for this price, and he said "no way. You won't get one of those for that price",

I walked back past 15 minutes later, and held the box up to him as I did.

:eek: was the look I got :woot:

Yeah, since their scare, Jessops have come out fighting... quite often they really are the cheapest [as it was when I bought my D80]... plus I'm quite willing to pay a little extra for the ease of returns if problems should ever arise...

Back