jessops in actually knowing that the **** they're on about shocker...

whitewash

Fishy Fingers
Edit My Images
Yes
i was shocked, for the first time ever i went into jessops and the dude behind the counter actually knew what he was on about, regarding film, i was totally stunned usually i get someone who doesnt have a clue, some attractive but oh so dumb college girl or something, but no this guy really knew what he was on about.

i was impressed, im not usually a fan of jessops but this has changed my mind a bit :clap:

jamie

it does warm the cockles to know that there are still some good shop assitancts

i was impressed, im not usually a fan of jessops but this has changed my mind a bit

There are still one or two folks from the old jessops that supplied the nations snappers with their darkroom and film supplies arround.

They are becomming real hens teeth though. :thumbsdown:

it was the preston shop, previously ive been told in the same shop to clean my sensor with spray air, so it was clearly a fluke that they emplyed someone useful!

he also said that they'd price match some lenses for me, i must NOT spend the £250 in my back pocket on lenses i should spend it on paint and decorating materials

I had quite a positive experience at Jessops on Sunday when buying my 30D. The guy actually knew something about it and could answer all my niggley little questions about things I'd forgotten to research. He even showed me how the mirror up function worked with a timer. Good lad! Told me that my 300D battery will work in it too. Yay!

He then went on to help my Dad get a new viewfinder hood for his Kodak DCS Pro SLR n. Jessops don't supply them, so he fished out a Nikon hood and it fitted. Fantastic :)

Helped my brother with an insurance repair for his camera and my Grandad with a mini tripod too.

Really helpful guy.

Which is more than can be said for the sales guy next to him who couldn't remember what a 350D was equivalent to in the Nikon range. Idiot!!

Jessops in chester won't get a pound from me until they sort out the staff, they have a blonde thing that scares the **** out of me...:eek:

she's a crazy one for sure :wacky:

digitalfailure said:
Jessops in chester won't get a pound from me until they sort out the staff, they have a blonde thing that scares the **** out of me...:eek:

she's a crazy one for sure :wacky:

theres 2 youngish girls in the chester branch isnt there..... both of which dont really know anything, but... you probably would......:naughty:

and some big unit as well which you certainly wouldnt!

My latest visit to the Aberdeen branch was a pleasant experience and dealt with 2 knowledgeable (and young) lads over two days.

All my previous dealings with any branch of Jessops have been pathetic and I have been let down twice on orders and phonecalls.

Ask me what I think of them tommorrow night when my interest free credit application gets chucked out :boxer:

Bachs said:
Ask me what I think of them tommorrow night when my interest free credit application gets chucked out :boxer:
I wouldn't worry. Mine got accepted and I've only been in my new job for 1 month :)

I couldn't possibly comment on doability ;)

but the scary one seems to work at either of the branches when ever she feels like it :eek:

The smaller one isn't so bad.

I was impressed at the Jessops in the Trafford centre, a year or two ago I bought a Sony F828 from there and took it back a few days later, I was concerned when taking it back as there was nothing actual wrong with it, except for it being crap, the guy in the shop took one look at it and said "arhh.... youve bought that crap from us, lets exchange it for a Canon 300D and youll never look back", he was right.

Kate said:
Ah bum. Any reason why?
There was a glitch with a small amount that went unpaid on my Capital One card last month. I presume that's it unless it's because I never paid a penny off the Ferrari I bought in January.

Still got it to look forward to though...October payday :D

Jessops Inverness isn't bad either, there's one older guy I know quite well who spends all his weekends taking photos, there's also a younger lad in there who really knows his stuff, right up to date and gives a brutally honest view on equipment. Only complaint is the pricing, the manager just refuses to price match anything.

whitewash said:
i was shocked, for the first time ever i went into jessops and the dude behind the counter actually knew what he was on about, regarding film, i was totally stunned usually i get someone who doesnt have a clue, some attractive but oh so dumb college girl or something, but no this guy really knew what he was on about.

i was impressed, im not usually a fan of jessops but this has changed my mind a bit :clap:

jamie
i've never seen an attractive girl working in jessops, i must be shopping in the wrong places :LOL:

A notice for a job vacancy I saw in one of Jesspos Leeds branch windows just about sums it up. It pretty much said you did not need to worry about having technical knowlege, you just need to be able to sell.

JonathanKnight said:
A notice for a job vacancy I saw in one of Jesspos Leeds branch windows just about sums it up. It pretty much said you did not need to worry about having technical knowlege, you just need to be able to sell.
I suppose they would get trained on the job? If they advertised for people with technical knowledge they would have to pay higher wages then the prices of their stock would be even more expensive than it already is which is usually silly prices...... :shrug:

Back