Review Jessops photo online terrible experience

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
A small print test order that turned into a real customer service disaster - at least I am glad to rule them out for any bigger purchases such as their albums.

I ordered a number of 6x9"s online and also took up their promotional offer for 4x6". Why not? That was just before Christmas. I had a confirmation by email that the order was shipped for collection to the Çribbs Causeway store (which was free unlike home delivery) and everything went down from there. The store claimed they didn't receive the order twice in a space of a whole week. Some members even questioned that they don't receive orders to store. That was kind of reassuring. They told me to order directly from the counter - and that was somehow 5x more expensive! What a disaster.

The online support got me nowhere. Initially someone suggested the delivery guys lost it, then they changed their mind and apparently it was delivered! Oh yeah, and they told me to get lost by email. Very professional... I followed that up - nothing. A review on one of the customer feedback sites - they reply that I collected the order!

I appreciate some companies get it wrong the first time (we all do sometimes). The previous big order from another online supplier got very quickly rectified and I have a lot more positive view of that company now. This one is sadly the textbook example of how to lose and alienate customers for just £10 missing order. No wonder they needed a bailout, but I am shocked they still continue in their old ways.

Disclaimer: This is my personal experience, your mileage may vary.

Get onto that Peter guy from dragons Den. He has bought the company by all accounts.

i would order from somewhere like loxley

Yeah definitely. It was a small order so avoiding £5 postal charge was attractive and somehow it appeared to me they would get it done in 3-4 days; and I didn't care about ultimate quality as it was personal project. Lesson learnt. Plan in advance and make a bigger order for high end supplier.

I have used loxley for years and they have been really good and delivery is fast even by post

Back