Jessops Price Match

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone managed to price match on Jessops with other UK suppliers recently?

I tried to price match a 24-70L II to a few UK websites such as Misfuds, SRS Microsystems and Carmarthen Cameras only to be told they only price match the following shops/websites... Argos, Currys, John Lewis, PC World, Wex Photographic and Park Cameras.

Looking at their price match promise it doesn't read as if they only accept these shops, but any UK shop/website on like for like products.

http://www.jessops.com/Home/HelpDetail.aspx?id=1254

What you think?

What you think?
I think they have the people etc in place that no that the other shops that they will price match against are not going to be cheaper or will be on par with there own prices so there on a win/win
kind of same as the shops that offer 0% finance they charge in many cases more for the item than other shops so again win/win for the stores.
They want you in the door with wallet open!!!

I've just read the link the OP posted to, and it couldn't be clearer that they only price match specific, named, suppliers. With the plethora of grey imports now available, I can understand why.

They specifically display the names of the only companies they will price match against :thinking:

I read it differently.

It doesn't say that they only price match those specific companies. I read it as they price match products if its "genuine UK stock and not 'grey' import products*, they sell direct (not via marketplaces or auction sites) and most importantly offer a comparable level of service to Jessops". Which to me says they should match Misfuds etc..

I normally use Wex but I have had trouple getting deliveries with their delivery firm Parcel Force. However they priced matched Jessops on a 7D mkii. I had enough of Parcel Force and Wex so I telephoned Jessops in Canterbury and asked them to better the Wex price. They knocked a further £30 off the camera and sold me a 32gig flash Card half price. Its always worth asking.

Back