Jessops

Yeah i've just read somewhere else they have stopped now.

Ho hum.

Does anyone know if Camera World are decent? The lens i want it actually cheaper there than anywhere else i've seen.

Thats where i got the lowest price mate.

It's the Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 XR Di. I think i'm going to be going for that over the orginal idea of the Sigma 24-70mm 2.8. It seems to have really nice reviews all over the net too.

Not sure if he can stock Tamron parts but it's always worth a try.

Just noticed that the cameraworld website it looks like they have a shop! Would that mean Jessops would be able to price match to them as they ain't strictly online...?

which lens is it?

Try here to make sure you've got the best deal: http://www.camerapricebuster.com/

Just pointing out that "camerapricebuster" is a good guide does not necessarily include every retailer, only the ones that subscribe to it. Dixons online for example does not subscribe, and using their frequent discount codes and an Egg card they can sometimes be cheaper than Camerapricebusters best As I discovered to my benefit when I bought the Canon 40D 17-85 kit. Even without the Egg card they can sometimes beat CPB.

It's the Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 XR Di. I think i'm going to be going for that over the orginal idea of the Sigma 24-70mm 2.8. It seems to have really nice reviews all over the net too.

I've had a Tamron and its a superb lens for the money. Highly recommended. Only recently upgraded to the Canon 24-70 after I caught the L bug (and wanted something quicker to focus).

for Tamron stuff i use http://www.fotosense.co.uk/ which is a local place, about 5 mins from me, nice people as well :)

wow, they seem great. Much cheaper too!

Also get a free filter thrown in too. Can't be too bad.

Many thanks for the recomendation mate :)

Hi all,

Can someone please confirm this is still the case with Jessops regarding their price matching...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=290349

Apprently they can match to online prices too!!

Anyone know any different?

I got a 430EX speedlite on Boxing Day, I took a printout of Warehouse Express in and they werent interested, they said any local camera shops, as it happened I had a printout of Calumet too. Calumet is local and had the same flash £30.00 cheaper, he checked on the net but could not phone them to see if they had any in stock...Calumet were closed for the holiday :LOL: so I got 30 quid knocked off the price.

Ah very good!! You scored well there then. :)

I'm in Newcastle and Camera World is based in London so i can't really see them matching that up lol.

Just pointing out that "camerapricebuster" is a good guide does not necessarily include every retailer, only the ones that subscribe to it. Dixons online for example does not subscribe, and using their frequent discount codes and an Egg card they can sometimes be cheaper than Camerapricebusters best As I discovered to my benefit when I bought the Canon 40D 17-85 kit. Even without the Egg card they can sometimes beat CPB.

Dixons are included in Camerapricebuster's listings mate. Good advice about Egg and using extra discount offers, as well as cashback sites like Quidco.

AFAIK sites don't subscribe to Camerapricebuster, it's whoever they choose to include in their "screen-scraping" code. If you want a retailer added you can email them a request.

Back