Jim Clark Rally 2013

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
A few shots from last weekends trip up to the Scottish Borders for the Jim Clark Rally.

1) Shades of Green
JimClarkRally-5.jpg

2) Crowd Pleaser
JimClarkRally-3.jpg

3) Sign Language
JimClarkRally-7.jpg

4) Catch me if you can
JimClarkRally-12.jpg

5) The classic MK2 pose
JimClarkRally-15.jpg

6) MK1 desperately trying to fly out of frame
JimClark-3.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Matty

Some great framing :)

Thanks Jeff (I didn't call you Kenny in this thread!! :) )

A few more marmite tainted shots to add to the thread!

7) Slow out of the tunnel
JimClarkRally-11.jpg

8) A VERY quick DS3
JimClarkRally-4.jpg

9) Pushing the sliders
JimClarkRally-16.jpg

10) Through the trees attempt
JimClark-3.jpg

11) Through the trees attempt #2
JimClark-24.jpg

12) Cooling off
JimClark-6.jpg

Nice stuff, 3,5 and 9 were my favs.

Thanks for your comments Tom & Mike, it was a good event, and now I know it's not too much of a pain in the ass to get to Scotland, I might try getting to some more events up that way!
Cheers

Crap them mate, honest, i dont no why you bother, no really, i mean a few pics of some old rally cars then a few out of focus, told you ,just give it up as a bad job and i,ll take all that gear of your hand,s ;)

as usuall mate, crackers them, 1 and 2 my fave,s, nice 6r4 and i,m getting rather fond of the marmite. . . . . . well done,
Dave
(y)(y)(y):clap:(y)(y):

Some cracking work there! #1 & #8 are my fav as i like that face that you've not gone for the norm or a crisp clean image and made them blur just makes motor sport photography that bit more exciting to look at :)

Thanks very much for the kind words chaps. Really appreciated.

Rory - Thanks buddy, I am trying to do something a little different with rally photography at the moment. Its really good when a get a touch of good feedback about my shots, as it confirms that it's not just me that thinks I am heading in the right direction. There's some great photographers on this forum that help to inspire the newbies like me!

Cheers

Matty

Another cracking set.
Struggling to pick a fave, but really like the through the trees pics and the fact that you use the surroundings to help tell a story rather than just crop tight on just the car.

Nice pics mate I do a few events in Scotland usually speyside granite mcrae and snowman well worth going to

good set nice catches and they look great at larger size.
BUT are you right eye dominant, most of your shots place the point of interest on the right third. Not a criticism as the pics are great just an observation.

Thanks again people. Hope they give a good flavour of what was a great event.

Chris - Thanks for pointing that out. It's not something I had considered before really. Going to run through my other shots and see if it is a recurring theme. You've got me worried now that I am neglecting all those left eye opportunities!

Matty

Having been involved with the organising team since it went onto closed public roads, I have to say these are some of the best images I've seen from the rally. Well done Matty.

@Big Kat HOLY THREAD REVIVAL!!!
Cheers guys, glad you're feeling the compositions, I'm looking forward to heading back this year, hopefully with a bit more idea where to go, and a comfier place to sleep, than in my car!!!!!

For the last 15 years I've been driving the spec control car, fingers crossed I can get out and take a few snaps, when I get wind of the route I'll post some good locations for shots ;)

Great set, 3 and 6 are my fav's, 3 because i drive a Subaru and 6 because I want to drive a Mark 1

Back