Jmax Photography - Finally Online

Name
John Maxwell
Edit My Images
No
I finally got around to sorting out my website with an all new look, please have a look at the site and let me know what you think.

CLICK HERE

Many thanks
John

Looking good. Few things though.
Punctuation in the 'about me' section needs to be reviewed. Peruse isn't something I would put, its not really a commonly use word, not to me anyway, I had to look it up. Maybe I'm just a thicko lol.
I would do away with the music, I don't really like music playing constantly on the site, although you can turn it off, just a pet hate of mine. The type of music is a bit odd to me as well, It doesn't suit your style. I'd go for something more upbeat, funky maybe to suit your style.
The galleries are good, clear and simple layout.

It just the few little details that need to be sorted to be honest, overall its looking good.

Thanks for the feedback, I just copyed the about me section from a previous site I had so this will be updated over the next couple of days. As for the music I have a friend who is a music producer working on something for the site but until he delivers that music will have to do as I don't want to use a tune and infringe on copyright.

John

i suppose it's nice but not for me - scrolling is a bit of a bugger

thanks for the feedback guys

@ gary - yea im happy with the speed of it but itll probably slow down the more stuff i put on it

@ ian - it was either have the scrolling or have it that it didnt fit everyones screens correctly

It's pretty on a certain level, but there are a few things I think could be improved...

I would turn off the music altogether; I really don't like websites that impose music on me, even more so if I am already trying to listen to music...

I don't think the text is easiest to read, particularly on the 'news' page. I also second the scrolling issue...

Ok thanks ill have a look what how i can improve on what youve talked about for the next update

MUSIC ALERT! Do not open whilst at work! :bang:

I like it John, quick to load even on this rubbish connection I'm using. Not a fan of the music, but at least theres an option to turn it off.

May I ask, did you use a template or is it all custom coded? :)

Sorry about the music, but as said you cant please everyone

The only other thing is reading the about me section does not make me want to book you as a tog. Just makes you sound like a student, and your work is above that.

Lastly the text on the bout me is too big, maybe make it a little smaller.

Thanks ill look into the font sizes. As for the about me section, it may put across that im only a student amd that because i am, i dont want to create the false impression that im any more than that at the moment. Maybe im wrong to do this :confused:.

May I ask, did you use a template or is it all custom coded? :)

I used a template as i had no idea how to code flash.

thanks for the feedback guys

@ gary - yea im happy with the speed of it but itll probably slow down the more stuff i put on it

@ ian - it was either have the scrolling or have it that it didnt fit everyones screens correctly

Its really slow to open this morning, everything else is ok.

stew

Back