Daily JohnN's attempt at a 366 project for 2012 (failed - I missed a day!)

lol, I just had to dirtch that as my wife pointed out she had the camera at the time, she however says :ty:

Round 3!!

Eternity broken by magsnorton, on Flickr

Spud boy by magsnorton, on Flickr

And today I borrowed my daughters camera (by the way her pics were loads better than mine (she's 4!) I'll post up he flame shot in a few mins.

Temporarily removed (but was taken) as its a competition entry too!!!

Note the rain!

Last edited:
Now, I did the post production, but rankly it didn't need much - so to stress again this is not mine, its my four year old daughters!

Temporary removed as I'm entering it in a competition for her.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks, I was amazed it tracked so well.

Anyway heres the next batch - been away for work a bit.

Away again by magsnorton, on Flickr

Sunderland lighthouse by magsnorton, on Flickr

Another day where I really didn't feel like taking a pic!

Its a dolls head.. by magsnorton, on Flickr

And finally... the 1D3's back as is the 70-200 2.8 - now I might sell the 1D3 to get a 5D3!! Hardly had the camera for what feels like an eternity

Only a test shot really though - the weather is rubbish!

Posing by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cheers I was pretty pleased with that.

Todays... BTW gotta love how flickr reintroduces noise I got rid of in PP :wacky:

The boy... by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
I hadn't thought of that, I'll have to try it

Sorry guys - I failed, between "having" to take a picture a day and getting a bit down trying to sell stuff I really didn't want to touch the camera let alone put any effort into it, so sadly I failed.

Hopefully next year I'll try something a little more focused and subject driven such as the 52 project.

Thank you all for your support and kind words it is appreciated.

Now, can I have my gold watch ;)

Sorry guys - I failed, between "having" to take a picture a day and getting a bit down trying to sell stuff I really didn't want to touch the camera let alone put any effort into it, so sadly I failed.

Hopefully next year I'll try something a little more focused and subject driven such as the 52 project.

Thank you all for your support and kind words it is appreciated.

Now, can I have my gold watch ;)

You big girl.

Why not just finish it off with a curated one a week? That is, take a photo when you can for as many days as you can and just pick one for that week - at least then you'll have something for the last half of the year.

Tis sold...

Well that is a very nice parting shot (y) I guess it's good that the 1D3 is gone as it brings you that much closer to a 5D3 (y) also don't feel bad you've made it a hell of a lot further than many do when taking on such a challenge (y)

How about starting another challenge when you get the 5D3 (y) as a way of getting used to it :D

Matt

Splendid notion and I think I'll take Herbies advice too.

The 100mm went this morning and I got away without loosing the MPE, so that much closer is now ordered :clap::woot:

Next week I should start up afresh!

Last edited:
You'll love it when you get it :D I know that I love mine (y) it works really well with my new Sigma 150-500 so should work with your 50-500 equally as well with the advantage that as a slower lens you can push the ISO on the 5D3 so much :D

Matt

The ISO and AF were big big factors for me - basically back when I had the 5D (classic) and the 7D I had the perfect combination, but I hated the noise on the 7D, which is where the 5D excelled even though it was noisy it was like grain, then along come Canon much later and offer up a full frame 7D in all but name... at last!!

Then to top it all off it looks like Magic Lantern is going to be possible on the 5D3 and having chatted with the developer it seems that he's planning to get one too!

All is good with the world... well it is at the moment, I've got to be in work in a couple of hours :LOL:

Thanks - that guy is great :)

Theres a couple more on Flickr, and it was like a western - just needed a saloon :)

Back