John's iPhone (iPhone photography and video advice)

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey!

I've just launched my new website, http://www.johnely.net/, and I'd love to hear what you guys think. Basically, it's a website dedicated to iPhone photography and video editing - tips, advice, recommended apps/websites - everything. My job allows me to spend a fair bit of time learning and practicing with the iPhone (especially given the commute), so I feel I have a lot to share.

I've just got the one post on there right now but I'm aiming to add at least one new post per day. I'm trying to keep the design and layout simple, and I've used a theme compatible with mobile viewing - so feel free to give it a go on your phone and let me know how usable it is.

I'm going to be posting from my phone a lot, so it's going to be mostly text I'm afraid - nothing too glamorous. I have included my Flickr feed for viewing on computers, which consists entirely of images produced on the iPhone 4.

So please have a look and I'd love to hear back from you, whether in this thread or in the comments section.

Cheers!

John

EDIT: Site now removed, redirecting to different website.

Last edited:
Fish-eye effect....

try Pudding Camera.

It's mainly in Korean, but it's usable despite that, and has some other good effects including film varieties.

thanks for the lovely plug!

Cheers for that, Mark - I'll check it out. And you're quite welcome, Matty, happy to spread the good word.

Published Day 2 on the way to work today, it's a review of Instagram!

You can see it here: http://www.johnely.net/2010/day-2-app-review-instagram/

Cheers!

Good work mate, very interesting and inspiring..!

Mark

It's about time that you took part in the weekly challenge! :D

Haha, I would - but when I start with the idea then try to find a photo to match it generally sucks. Much easier to wander about and lazily wait for the idea to find me...

I'm afraid I have some bad news... Turns out there's a fairly major conflict of interest between me and my website, and my employer (and I can't really say any more), so I'm suspending new posts to the website for now whilst I try to figure out a reasonable solution. In the mean time, thanks to everyone who took an interest, it's been a fun little side project for me which I will do my best to keep going!

that is massively disappointing. if there is anything we can do to help out, let me know!

Back